Coventry Sack Boothroyd!

SavageRam

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coventry City have sacked manager Aidy Boothroyd following a run that has seen them win just once in 16 league games.

Boothroyd was appointed as Sky Blues boss in May 2010 following the departure of Chris Coleman.

Assistant boss Martin Pert has also left while first-team coach Steve Harrison and chief scout Andy Thorn have been put in temporary charge.

Coventry are now looking for their 10th manager in 10 years since Gordon Strachan left in September 2001.

A statement on the club website said: "We would like to place on record our thanks to Aidy and Martin for their efforts.

"We will not be holding a media conference today as the team is preparing for the match at Burnley tomorrow.

The Sky Blues are now 19th in the Championship table, just seven points off the relegation zone, and will now travel to Burnley on Tuesday night without a permanent manager in charge.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/coventry_city/9423992.stm

similar season to us, not bad start (our start was rubbish in all fairness), great patch of form and that's all. He also has a similar win percentage to Clough but coventry are worse than us for sacking manager's :D maybe they might start chipping into their fans if they run out of people to choose from? Won't be many to pick from though :p pathetic support

Doesn't help that they've got lots of injuries and suspensions. If they had a full squad then they'd rocket up the table. Oviously their board don't pay much attention to their team. Boothroyd's been unlucky but thats how things are nowadays. I bet they'll bring in Strachen.....:p

I hate conventry they are such a nothing club have got no fans, grounds always empty & its not suprising really when you look at what they have near them brum, villa, west brom & wolves all close by & suppose you could put fester in that bracket aswell with them being so close

I hate conventry they are such a nothing club have got no fans, grounds always empty & its not suprising really when you look at what they have near them brum, villa, west brom & wolves all close by & suppose you could put fester in that bracket aswell with them being so close

Plus a third of the city is students. Nobody about in the summer months....just some cheeky Cov chavs.

I dont hate them,purely because they are stuck with having Villa,west brom,brum and wolves near them.It cant be easy to keep up with them.

Archived