Good performances since Burnley

SantosHalper

So here's a quick question - since we lost to Burnley in November, how many good performances, or match-winning performances, have we put in, but still lost points? How many lost points can be attributed to bad luck?

Even if you take into account the fact that we've picked up only 10 points since the end of November, maybe we've played well enough to have have more than the current total of 40, and we deserve to be higher up the table. Or maybe not. My guess is that through sheer bad luck we've lost between 7-10 points in the last 4 months.

Is this enough to justify keeping Clough? Surely bad luck can only account for a minimal amount of points lost, and the blame must lie elsewhere, with the manager and the players?

So, given the nature of performances since November, are we where we deserve to be, or are we in a false position? I raise the issue because we were unlucky against Hull, Portsmouth, and, erm, actually, that's it...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So here's a quick question - since we lost to Burnley in November, how many good performances, or match-winning performances, have we put in, but still lost points? How many lost points can be attributed to bad luck?

Even if you take into account the fact that we've picked up only 10 points since the end of November, maybe we've played well enough to have have more than the current total of 40, and we deserve to be higher up the table. Or maybe not. My guess is that through sheer bad luck we've lost between 7-10 points in the last 4 months.

Is this enough to justify keeping Clough? Surely bad luck can only account for a minimal amount of points lost, and the blame must lie elsewhere, with the manager and the players?

So, given the nature of performances since November, are we where we deserve to be, or are we in a false position? I raise the issue because we were unlucky against Hull, Portsmouth, and, erm, actually, that's it...

We werent unlucky against Portsmouth, a point was a fair result. Some could make a case for Portsmouth deserving the win.

Recent home performances have been very poor, and going back to last December I haven't had any sympathy for the bleatings from the manager that we have been unlucky.

Football is a simple game. Getting the ball into the net is what counts. Tonight was a typical example, how many shots did the opposition keeper have to save?

After the win at Elland Rd we had a brief horrible run, followed by the best sequence of games in a long time. We scraped a win at home against Ssausagehorpe and since then it has been downhill. The perverse decisions of the manager have been obvious to all, bad luck has nothing to do with our league position tonight.

Recent home performances have been very poor, and going back to last December I haven't had any sympathy for the bleatings from the manager that we have been unlucky.

Football is a simple game. Getting the ball into the net is what counts. Tonight was a typical example, how many shots did the opposition keeper have to save?

After the win at Elland Rd we had a brief horrible run, followed by the best sequence of games in a long time. We scraped a win at home against Ssausagehorpe and since then it has been downhill. The perverse decisions of the manager have been obvious to all, bad luck has nothing to do with our league position tonight.

True. There is only so many times that excuse can be used. We can't blame our predicament on bad luck. It is poor selection decisions that are to blame.

True. There is only so many times that excuse can be used. We can't blame our predicament on bad luck. It is poor selection decisions that are to blame.

I don't think it's down to luck either. However, I do think it's down to losing Commons, Bueno's form, Brayford having to defend rather than attack, Bailey being out of the team quite a lot recently, Barker not being fully fit, Savage not being able to influence like he could etc.

There are so many reasons. I still don't understand why we couldn't have Sharp for £1m if Clough wanted him in the Summer, or Sammon more recently for £600k. The Board are crazy to let this underfunding continue.

You can't lose the likes of Commons and not replace. Clearly, we don't have the money to replace. Hence another relegation fight. Our players aren't good enough, no matter how hard they try.

We were robbed on Tuesday night.. Yes we were under pressure 2nd half but they looked very poor first.. If the referee knew his apples then it. Would of been red, he also disallowed a perfect goal (and person beat his man)

I did'nt go the match so its difficult to comment but my mate, who is totally anti-clough, says the same thing.

Stone wall red card and a good goal from Pearson ruled out due to useless/cheating officials.

When you're down...................

It doesn't matter how much possession you have if your strikers aren't good enough to convert it to goals and your defenders regularly concede goals on limited iopposition possession.

The spine of the team -Fielding, Ayala, Robinson, is made up of loaness -NOT A GOOD SITUATION!

Archived