I Used To Watch Derby......

chambta

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But now I don't. Still keep an eye out of course and family still go. Should I 'make' myself bothered again or is it best to leave as it is?

Oh dear! Get the feeling this could be a very popular thread!

If you want to be entertained stay away from Pride Park at all costs!

I recon Chesterfield are a better team to support, canna stop winning.;)

Interesting you say that as I do. I used to manage to do both at one time as very rarely are the two scheduled together. But I feel a little disappointed in myself occasionally for letting my love of Derby County drain away to very little. Away days, watching the ground being built etc as a teenager....it all seems a long way back.

(It started me thinking when I randomly spotted Dean Sturridge in Corals in Chesterfield the other day)

But now I don't. Still keep an eye out of course and family still go. Should I 'make' myself bothered again or is it best to leave as it is?

I cannot understand this kind of so called fan.

I live and breathe Derby County. Despite living in Japan, I think about the club for hours each day. I spend at least an hour a day on this site. I watch the club on TV at every chance staying up all night to watch them if I can. Whenever I am in England, I watch the team home and away.

So when I see a thread like this, I am tempted to say, You're not a real fan. It's not in your blood.

Interesting you say that as I do. I used to manage to do both at one time as very rarely are the two scheduled together. But I feel a little disappointed in myself occasionally for letting my love of Derby County drain away to very little. Away days, watching the ground being built etc as a teenager....it all seems a long way back.

(It started me thinking when I randomly spotted Dean Sturridge in Corals in Chesterfield the other day)

Well, it's my job to know everything about everybody isn't it?;)

Big Brother's watching you.

[sIZE=1](stop pickin yer nose and eatin it!)[/sIZE]

I live and breathe Derby County. Despite living in Japan, I think about the club for hours each day. I spend at least an hour a day on this site. I watch the club on TV at every chance staying up all night to watch them if I can. Whenever I am in England, I watch the team home and away.

So when I see a thread like this, I am tempted to say. You're not a real fan. It's not in your blood.

To be quite honest being a long distance fan is probably a lot easier than being a close distance fan at the moment.

I have been a season ticket holder for close on 25 years and can tell you it is hard finding the motivation to even attend matches at this moment in time.

To be quite honest being a long distance fan is probably a lot easier than being a close distance fan at the moment.

I have been a season ticket holder for close on 25 years and can tell you it is hard finding the motivation to even attend matches at this moment in time.

I travel well over 300 miles to and from each home game and I really am not finding any lack of motivation to go.

So when I see a thread like this, I am tempted to say, You're not a real fan. It's not in your blood.

I said as much myself. But it was. I was just like you (except not being abroad where it's easy to have a fixation with something from home).

In fact I was at the Baseball Ground amongst the lowest league crowd in many, many years - Southend United, 1995 early season midweek game.

So what exactly do you currently enjoy about matchday?

I didn't say I enjoy it, but I love Derby, it's in my blood so to speak. I cannot imagine a saturday afternoon (or any day we're playing) that's not based around Derby. 0-0 at Ssausagehorpe was a fairly horrific match and not that good a result but matches like that is what football is all about for me.

Actually on a sidenote football is more than just the result as well, it's the whole experience, feeling part of a team, a community, we're all in this together sort of thing

I didn't say I enjoy it, but I love Derby, it's in my blood so to speak. I cannot imagine a saturday afternoon (or any day we're playing) that's not based around Derby. 0-0 at Ssausagehorpe was a fairly horrific match and not that good a result but matches like that is what football is all about for me.

Actually on a sidenote football is more than just the result as well, it's the whole experience, feeling part of a team, a community, we're all in this together sort of thing

Know what u mean but its painstaking going along when u know there will be no excitement a severe lack of goals and most likely no points at the end of it.

Makes the good times more special though I suppose.

That's beautiful man

brought a tear to my old eye.

Know what u mean but its painstaking going along when u know there will be no excitement a severe lack of goals and most likely no points at the end of it.

Makes the good times more special though I suppose.

I suppose, but saying that one of my most enjoyable moments in football was the premiership season at Manure away when Steve Howard scored and we actually threatened a second for a bit, pure bliss in a hellish year, and the atmosphere was phenomenal

I suppose, but saying that one of my most enjoyable moments in football was the premiership season at Manure away when Steve Howard scored and we actually threatened a second for a bit, pure bliss in a hellish year, and the atmosphere was phenomenal

Premier League season was brilliant full stop. Worst season for football but think there was always a bit of hope and the fans never gave up.

Was that our first away goal that season? Remember one of the lads said if we scored that day he would shave all of his hair off!

Carried on celebrating our goal long into the following morning, whilst watching Ricky Hatton lose to Mayweather. Funny how some things like this stick in your mind!

Archived