Why are people bothered by relegation?

sideshowbob

I don't understand why any derby fan wants to see this Derby county go into league 1.

Because we cannot compete in the championship.

Do you want to pay to see this drivel each week?

Oh sorry, nearly forgot, we will be investing in the summer

(after you have all renewed your season tickets)

What a load of blx.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can relegation be anything but bad?

As you can see from the boards stance on Clough, cost cutting and the whole long term plan, they wont just give up cause its hard, they will stick to it and even if we went down they wouldn't sell, look at it whichever way you want though, I don't think they will sell for a few years at least because they are determined to at get this right, if you look at it in anti gse sense they wont sell because they wont make a profit, either way they are going nowhere, clough is going nowhere so relegation in your view is as crp as it is in my view

Because we cannot compete in the championship.

Do you want to pay to see this drivel each week?

Oh sorry, nearly forgot, we will be investing in the summer

(after you have all renewed your season tickets)

What a load of blx.

My in laws are Sheff Wed fans and ive been to see them this time they went down and the last time. Do you think going down we are all of a sudden going to play better? The football is worse and we would struggle to come back up. How is that a good idea?

I don't see relegation as a negative thing right now - but only because it might see off the current collective disgrace that own us and might also see Gadsby able to buy the club for less cash and therefore able to invest more in the team. Even if we went down a change of ownership, bringing about the slightest inkling of ambition, would still see us draw in 25,000 a week.

Gadbsy is as bad for the club as GSE are.

Haven't we still got 11 games to go? If we do well like we did at the end of last season, winning half of them will put us in the top half :D

Yeah, because thats going to happen isn't it. More blind faith madness :confused:

Putting it off before it's had a chance to happen? More anti gse wrist slashing me thinks? :D

Wrist slashing? No, just being realistic, having endured some of the worst performances produced by a Derby County team in years so far in 2011. You cannot possible believe that that shambles of a team is capable of suddenly going on an incredible run of form between now and the end of the season, can you? Really?

Anti GSE? Yep, always have been, always will be - I'll give you that!

Stop going to support derby to get rid of some blokes in suits?

Eh??

Forget about it!

Different planet.

Investors couldn't give fluck if attendances drop. Just how much money do people think they make off fans?

I support a football team btw. I'll keep doing that ta.

Maybe if enough of you don't renew gse might notify the investors!!!

Then they can sell barker and get a million and save on wages too?

That'll teach em.

Zzz

Can you expand on that, please?

He helped to keep the club in debt. He then sold for profit to Pearson becuase the club would have gone into adminstration again.

He toddled off and allowed Pearson to sell to the yanks, now the debt has been reduced he wants to come back. Do not think for one minute this is becuase he is devastated the club is being run like this. He has been at the rough end once before and the only reason he wants to come back is if he sees a profit in it. This is the same as GSE and at the moment any new owner needs to invest. As he the money to do this I doubt it so the question is what does he actually want with out club.

He never has really answered this question.

He helped to keep the club in debt. He then sold for profit to Pearson becuase the club would have gone into adminstration again.

He toddled off and allowed Pearson to sell to the yanks, now the debt has been reduced he wants to come back. Do not think for one minute this is becuase he is devastated the club is being run like this. He has been at the rough end once before and the only reason he wants to come back is if he sees a profit in it. This is the same as GSE and at the moment any new owner needs to invest. As he the money to do this I doubt it so the question is what does he actually want with out club.

He never has really answered this question.

This is so littered with factual inaccuracies and wild assumptions that if I were you I'd be half expecting to get a call from Gadsby's lawyers.

I'm hoping Ramblur will pick up the gauntlet on the outrageous financial points, so I'll just address the last one you make (what he wants with our club).

It's HIS club too. He's a fan who wants to see it do well. Why would a man worth an estimated £65m want to f**k over the club he's supported his entire life to make an extra few million? What would he do with that extra cash? Maybe he'd use it to get a new hobby. Like running his local football club. Oh, hang on...

Stability of this football club

Gadsby only wants the club for the short-term, then ditch us again when we're in the prem, sell us to some foreign investor, cash in the money, deja vu of the last 3 years

Secondly this last 3 months has given the board a wake up call for more investment, (listen to the Glick interview)

So dont think Gadsby is the holy grail because he's just another smart businessman, who's looking to make a profit and only thinks of the best interests for this club until we get the premier league money

Not sure whether you've read any of the hundreds of posts on this subject, Archbishop, but maybe you should and digest?

The LOG did not sell at a big profit. The public statements suggest selling on at cost to new owners who said they were going to put in £50million, which was far more than the LOG could / wanted to.

I think your statement of PG's current intents is based on prejudice not fact. If you want to talk deja vu based on facts then I'd happily take investment that got us promoted, because that's exactly what happened. QED.

OK, so it was a shambles once we got there, but if you're part of a consortium with the collective view that it doesn't want to bankroll a Premiership campaign, then selling out to people with supposedly bigger pockets seems a sensible thing to do.

Why are you so bitter against Gadsby? If you're going to slam the LOG, then surely it is only right to slam them collectively, not just pick on the one member who has tried to come back in and do something more productive than the current shower of ****!

This is so littered with factual inaccuracies and wild assumptions that if I were you I'd be half expecting to get a call from Gadsby's lawyers.

I'm hoping Ramblur will pick up the gauntlet on the outrageous financial points, so I'll just address the last one you make (what he wants with our club).

It's HIS club too. He's a fan who wants to see it do well. Why would a man worth an estimated £65m want to f**k over the club he's supported his entire life to make an extra few million? What would he do with that extra cash? Maybe he'd use it to get a new hobby. Like running his local football club. Oh, hang on...

Sorry Craig,I'm sick to death of providing facts and figures to refute this kind of pure bunkum.Perhaps if RotherhamRam and his ilk would just restrict their comments to saying that they don't like Gadsby,then at least we'd get a fact out of them.

Sorry Craig,I'm sick to death of providing facts and figures to refute this kind of pure bunkum.Perhaps if RotherhamRam and his ilk would just restrict their comments to saying that they don't like Gadsby,then at least we'd get a fact out of them.

Can't say I blame you. Maybe you could write the whole lot down some time and post a link to it (in much the same vein as PeteDerby's DET 'I expect investment in the summer' caveat) for anyone who thinks they've come up with a new, startling insight as to why Gadsby/LoG were a financial disaster for Derby.

I still believe the most valid reason I've read for not wanting Gadsby back at the club was a poster on the DET site's claim that he has a dodgy hair do.

Archived