Ratings v Barnslah

Wilko

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fielding - 7 solid, vastly superior to Ratty in every area except reach.

Brayford- 6.5 again, solid. Don't look like he cares as much as he did 3 months ago.

Ayala- 6.5 Funnily enough, solid. Composed on the ball yet delicately chips it to the opponent too much for my liking.

Barker- 6.5 Seemed solid. Has he been playing with an injury all season? Hmmmmmmmm

Roberts- 0 Disgrace to football

Cywka- 7.5 Looked like he had a point to prove.

Green- 0 Disgrace to football.

Savage- 0 Disgrace to football.

Pearson- seen him play worse but he's Stephen Pearson. As such; 0 Disgrace to football

Ward- no idea, can only recall him touching the ball a couple of times. Sod it, 6

Robinson- 6. Slip through some balls past t'defence and we will score.

Ben Davies- Don't Care

Miles Addison- Not particularly good, as such 9

I HATE THE WORLD

Report of the weekend so far...made me smile and frown at the same time. More of a "Smown".

Fielding - 7 - Steady, and rapidly becoming my favourite player. His distribution is excellent, and seems to have a command of his area.

Brayford - 6 - did OK, always looks half decent going forward. He's not playing with the same confidence that he did a few weeks ago and he seems to be a confidence player

Ayala - 5- Looks good on the ball, but makes silly mistakes when he's trying to do the elegant thing rather than put it in row z. If he can cut out the casual approach he will be a big player for Liverpool in my opinion.

Barker - 7 - One of his better games. He's struggled this season but looked composed yesterday.

Roberts - 4 - I sit close to the 18 yard box and the amount of times he goes forward and doesn't come back, or generally is out of position is frightening. I would say a left back would have been priority in the emergency window.

Cwyka - 8 (proportionately, in this game! I don't think anyone was worth an 8 in true footballing terms!) - Obviously our most dangerous player going forward. Seems what Clough said after Portsmouth hasn't done him any harm.

Green - 7 - full of running. In games, he is generally a 'passenger', or a 'do-er', seemed to be the latter and put himself about.

Savage - 7 - made some very important challenges and some intelligent passes. Did ok. I can't help but get the feeling he's on wind down a little though.

Pearson - 5 - Full of running but his end product has been so poor for a while now. Struggled to get any decent crosses in or really do very much apart from run.

Robinson - 2 - as ineffective a performance as I have seen recently. Literally did nothing right. He never committs to 50/50 challenges which really frustrates me. The only plus point was that he was another body for a Barnsley defender to mark.

Ward - 2 - much the same, apart from he missed a sitter after the break. Seemed to run around alot to look like he was putting in effort, but never affected the match.

Given Jason Shackell is 6'4, and Robinson is 5'9, I can't understand why Clough didn't bring Porter on to add some height. The ball never stuck upfront.

Overall a distinctly average group of players, a distinctly average performance. It's about right for where we are.

Archived