Ratings v Barnslah

Wilko

Fielding - 7 - Solid as ever

Brayford - 6.5 - Usual solid, confident self

Barker - 6 - Didn't see him do much

Ayala - 6 - Good on the ball

Roberts - 5 - Still not convinced he's as good as Moxey

Cywka - 7.5 - Kept running all game but had no service. Deserved a goal for his efforts today. Extremely annoyed at Clough for his reaction to Cywka's injury. Shout and swear at him to sit down, then blank him as he comes off.

Savage - 4.5 - Poor again from Sav. Needs a couple of games out.

Green - 4 - Improved second half, but still poor.

Pearson - 2 - Shouldn't have started, shouldn't have played. Absolute dross. When he did touch the ball, he made one good run but spent the rest of the game passing backwards and giving the ball away. Terrible.

Ward - 5.5 - Much improved second half. Needs the ball to his feet

Robinson - 5 - Ineffective, but again, he needs the ball playing to feet.

Subs:

Addison - 4 - Didn't do much

B. Davies - Did he even touch the ball?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fielding - 7 couldnt of done much more.

Brayford 6. Solid.

Barker. 7. Difficult opponents for him. Dealt with them very well

Ayala. 6. Poor communication. Good player though

Roberts. 7. Barnsley targeted him for attacks. Was busy and had pearson infront of him. Did well enough.

Cywka 8. Deserved more from the game. Worked hard and an honest performance. Our only real threat

Savage. 5. Took him 20 mins to make a pass. Clumsy on the ball.

Green. 6. In and out the game. Average

Pearson. 5 did well on occasion. Defensively? Poor

Ward. 6. Worked hard. Wasteful in good positions

Robinson 4. Awful first touch. Poor in a challenge. Offered nothing.

Addison 6 average

Davies. No time

Fielding: 7. Commands his area well. Some dodgy kicking but overall, distribution far superior to Bywater.

Brayford: 6. Works hard, always looks good when going forward.

Ayala: 3. Dreadful player. Takes far too many risks in possession. Poor distribution. Send him back to Liverpool.

Roberts: 5. Average.

Barker. 6. Solid.

Cwyka: 8. MOTM. Our only creator. Still error prone and chooses the wrong option too often.

Savage. 4. Retire now please. His legs have gone. Who voted him MOTM by text? Surely it was people being sarcastic.

Pearson 3. One of the worst players to play for DCFC in recent years. Get rid.

Green 5. 100% effort. Does not have the raw ability to match.

Ward & Robinson: 4. Hard to tell when nothing is being created from midfield. Effort and pace. No sign of finishing ability though.

Fielding 7 One good save and good command of penalty area

Brayford 6 Maybe could have got forward more as per early season but otherwise steady enough. Will be Player of Season surely.

Roberts 5 A few miscued clearances in first half but improved slightly as game went on, easily knocked off ball though for a defender.

Barker 6 Struggled early on especially on ground but settled down in second half.

Ayala 7 Looked quite classy at times, held defence together in first half when others looked uncertain around him.

Green 6 Came into game a bit later on, passing a bit hit and miss previously.

Savage 6 About as good as he is nowadays, not his worst game but struggles to cover ground when players are moving around him (not sure about those headless charges around the pitch he does sometimes, can't see alot of use for that).

Pearson 4 Overran the ball alot and misplaced passes.

Cywka 7 Probably brightest attacking player though still a bit lightweight and not always the end product.

Robinson 4 Pretty awful, never won anything in air, in fact didnt even try to jump mostly, and couldnt control ball either, looked like a poor mans Izale McLeod, wouldnt bother signing him for sure.

Think Clough must have been frightened to substitute him in case of a crowd backlash or else can't see why he stayed on.

Ward 5 Again a bit lightweight, missed golden chance when shot wide, might do slightly better off a proper target man with his pace, but blend between the two strikers was not right from the off.

Subs

B Davies 5

Addison 6

The joys of everyones opinion but I had a different view on some players.

Fielding - 7 - Can't say he did much wrong, seemed commanding and when Barker and Ayala start to listen to him more he could do well, as Bywater got hammered for it I would like to point out three or four awful kicks out at least, not that I think it makes a bad keeper.

Brayford - 7 - Thought he looked solid going forward and getting back, linked well with Cywka at times and played a good one two in the second half, can't remember who with though.

Roberts - 6 - still not convinced, not a terrible player but way too lightweight, he seems to get knocked off the ball by the wind at times, and he belts it needlessly down the channel way too often.

Barker - 7 - Got into the game as it went on and the last 20 minutes looked like a decent player again, seemed willing to get stuck in alot, good for a CB.

Ayala - 6 - No doubting the lad has skill but the last thing I want to see at any level is the last CB trying to turn the striker constantly through the game, IT WILL COST GOALS! solid however but didn't show the commitment we saw from Barker so lower mark (the signs of a loanee)

Cywka - 7.5 - I amrked him at half because he wasn't good enough for an 8 but better than others on 7, best line of attack and only creative individual on show, shame about the injury, hope its not serious. A good shout to start more games.

Savage - 5 - This guy typifies Derby right now, nothing is going his way, he wasn't so much misplacing passes but someone came on his blind side too often which caused us to lose possesion. I feel sorry for him cause like I say he isn't doing too much wrong but he isn't getting it right either.

Green - 7 - This is where I am different to the rest, I thought Green was close to MOTM. All our individual creativity went through Cywka but the team play came through Green, good performance IMO and I thought I could see a class player in a poor team.

Pearson - 6 - What can you say about this guy that hasn't been said? One good run in the match, tried to get involved and tracked back but to little avail. Its been said before but when he releases the ball if he could get a shot off or a good pass he would be a top class player and probably in the premier league, I'm afraid he will always be a 'nearly but nothing' player. Frustrating.

Robinson - 5 - I don't think he held one ball up all game, one decent bit of player in the second half when he tried to turn onto his left, he would probably improve with the ball too feet but still should have done better.

Ward - 5 - A bit better than Robinson but he did miss that chance, fair enough if he slammed it against the defender with power or the keeper leapt in the way but to miss the target, placement shot or not, from that range is criminal, I believe something to do with 'my nan' and 'could have done better' spring to mind.

Subs:

Addison - 7 - I though he played well when he got on and did his job which was to get involved and over power their midfield, still looking a bit slow but he has only just come back from a major injury. Alot of people say he has no skill on the ball, I don't see enough of him to say but I did notice when he had just come on he got the ball and went forward then stopped and did nothing which looked bad on him, but even my gf was shouting that he had no options to help him attack,no one getting into space. I'm not saying he has got skill on the ball or anything but I could see why people would think it from this when it wasn't true, just an observation though.

B.Davies - 5 - Not so much useless just didn't really make a mark, I'm glad he was dropped for this game though cause I'm still not impressed with him whatsoever.

Fans:

East Corner - 8 - I was impressed, they seemed in good voice at times and better than previous times I have been there in the last couple of years, except Forest anyway.

North Stand - 9 - Didn't look like you had many numbers but a good effort, I could hear you for majority of the match, though I marked you down cause you went quiet for 10 min in the second half, or at least I couldn't hear you for once! But then again you did chant for me so i'll give you a 10 :D

East Stand - 1 - Sorry to any regulars but I won't be back there again if I can help it, boriiiiiinnnnngggg! All I got was dodgey looks whenever I shouted anything football related. Gutted with the mix up that took me from North Stand to East, will be checking my tickets in advance in the future!

I did think the team improved alot when Savage came off/Addison came on. Not too sure what it was but it got me thinking, has Savage lost the dressing room? Addison said recently that he avoids him when he is messing about but good when serious, but it seemed more like he felt he had to say the last bit and I just thought that maybe the other players don't enjoy playing with Sav anymore cause they seemed to enjoy it more and play more freely when he went off.

I know dcfc kev said about it when Moxey left and the attitude of the players really showed it this time and got me thinking. I like Savage myself but his drop in form and this thought is making me think he has out stayed his welcome here.

Agreed Norfolk - I always got the feeling that Savage and Bywater were a pair - and they got a bit above themselves. Just my opinion. I have no link, or source, just my female intuition.:p

Nobody chanted for me - so they can all 'do one' :mad:

I think defensively we kept a clean sheet so they deserve credit for that. fact is you can give five players (gk and four defenders) 10/10 in any given match, if your two front men are getting 5/10 then you are not scoring goals.

I know its obviously not as straight forward as that but I don't think the performance was great by any means but towards the end I saw some commitment and desire in alot of the players, unfortunately its a 90 minute game and not a 30minute game.

On another note although we were poor in the first half I thought both teams were and Barnsley didn't really have many great attempts.

Fielding - 6.5 kicking could have cost us at times but all round steady!

Brayford - 7 can't remember him being beat by his man and early on looked dangerous

Barker - 7 solid and got rid when he should

Ayala - 6 messed around quite alot, another day might have cost us with a few sloppy passes

Roberts - 5.5 Never wins 50/50's, header's, pushed off the ball far too easy.

Cywka - 7.5 looked our most influential player going forward and with Brayford the right side looked promising

Savage - 5.5 looked off the pace so much early on, ball given away many times, some not his fault as given the ball in poor area's but still not a good performance.

Green - 6 looked better in this formation but too many times posession given away

Pearson - 5 only really remember him making a 40 yard dash to win the ball back

Robinson - 5 rarely won anything, poor first touch, lack of service may have been the problem

Ward - 5.5 awful miss, other than that similar to Robinson

Agreed Norfolk - I always got the feeling that Savage and Bywater were a pair - and they got a bit above themselves. Just my opinion. I have no link, or source, just my female intuition.:p

Nobody chanted for me - so they can all 'do one' :mad:

I think them leaving could really be a good thing, I'm gutted though because I have always rated both players but I think they have taken alot of stick, alot unwarranted, and they have lost alot of interest with Derby. Savage is well documented but you just have to look at Bywater at wembley with Barnsey and he doesn't seem the same man, let alone player, that he was back then. But like ive said before I like both of them as players and people, but I think it is best for the club that they both leave.

I think I must be the first forum member to have my song, mind I don't know what it was but I don't care, I'm famous now :D

Just to point out as well, if we are going to play 442 then I think Addison/Green HAS to be the central midfield because they have shown time and time again they play well alonside each other and you only had to look at this game to see we were a different side when they were together.

I think them leaving could really be a good thing, I'm gutted though because I have always rated both players but I think they have taken alot of stick, alot unwarranted, and they have lost alot of interest with Derby. Savage is well documented but you just have to look at Bywater at wembley with Barnsey and he doesn't seem the same man, let alone player, that he was back then. But like ive said before I like both of them as players and people, but I think it is best for the club that they both leave.

I think I must be the first forum member to have my song, mind I don't know what it was but I don't care, I'm famous now :D

You got your own song? You havent said mate :D

You got your own song? You havent said mate :D

I think it was when everyone was shouting 'your norfolk n good Derby' :p

Just to point out as well, if we are going to play 442 then I think Addison/Green HAS to be the central midfield because they have shown time and time again they play well alonside each other and you only had to look at this game to see we were a different side when they were together.

Sorry completely disagree. Take a step back on Addison. He has been out for over a year, people are being sentimental here, he was unfortunate to be injured but he is no way match fit, at times struggles to keep up with pace and at present has not much of and end product. He was shocking Tuesday and he was not much better today.

He will come good and I would not expect too much from him this season. For me he is not a CM he is a defender and him and Barker could be a rick next season. No offence he is not a midifelder. If and when Bailey fit would play grenn and Bailey in midfield.

Know will get shot down here but take sentiment out of the equation and actually assess his passing, movement, active thinking, reaction, dribbling, etc

But saying this he is better than Sav

Sorry completely disagree. Take a step back on Addison. He has been out for over a year, people are being sentimental here, he was unfortunate to be injured but he is no way match fit, at times struggles to keep up with pace and at present has not much of and end product. He was shocking Tuesday and he was not much better today.

He will come good and I would not expect too much from him this season. For me he is not a CM he is a defender and him and Barker could be a rick next season. No offence he is not a midifelder. If and when Bailey fit would play grenn and Bailey in midfield.

Know will get shot down here but take sentiment out of the equation and actually assess his passing, movement, active thinking, reaction, dribbling, etc

But saying this he is better than Sav

You wont get shot down by me pal, all opinion.

Fair play yes he is still coming back from injury and I agreed with him being rested today, like you say it is going to take time for him to get sharp again and you are again right that it will probably not bear fruits this season.

The problem is for central midfield we need three men in there.

The reason I say this is that you need a ball winner, an engine and vision. we dont have a single central midfielder or pair with these three attributes, Savage was a ball winner and had the vision last season and all his career, thats why he has been successful, but unfortunately he hasn't got it in him anymore.

the best way around it IMO is to go back to 4231. If you play Addison and Bailey alongside each other in the DM role with Addison getting it and Bailey creating and then put Green in the AM three in the center or on the right you have a good combination, especially if you add Cywka's attacking threat you have four very good players covers the middle of the park.

Until Clough has the courage to try this again though (which will hopefully be for next season) then I think Addison/Green would be the best option as Bailey just hasn't got the box to box qualities that Green has, and Green does posses some passing ability.

You wont get shot down by me pal, all opinion.

Fair play yes he is still coming back from injury and I agreed with him being rested today, like you say it is going to take time for him to get sharp again and you are again right that it will probably not bear fruits this season.

The problem is for central midfield we need three men in there.

The reason I say this is that you need a ball winner, an engine and vision. we dont have a single central midfielder or pair with these three attributes, Savage was a ball winner and had the vision last season and all his career, thats why he has been successful, but unfortunately he hasn't got it in him anymore.the best way around it IMO is to go back to 4231. If you play Addison and Bailey alongside each other in the DM role with Addison getting it and Bailey creating and then put Green in the AM three in the center or on the right you have a good combination, especially if you add Cywka's attacking threat you have four very good players covers the middle of the park.

Until Clough has the courage to try this again though (which will hopefully be for next season) then I think Addison/Green would be the best option as Bailey just hasn't got the box to box qualities that Green has, and Green does posses some passing ability.

maybe Addison, Pearson and Bueno/Bailey? All 3 make up your list being played together.. Thoughts ?

maybe Addison, Pearson and Bueno/Bailey? All 3 make up your list being played together.. Thoughts ?

Bueno has the vision but is only a short sighted option, though he would add what i mentioned about Cywka with Baileys qualities. Pearson although he has the engine that Green has he doesn't seem to posses any other qualities other than having a gigantic pen1s which he must have to have the wife he has.

Greens main attribute is his box to box qualities but he has decent vision and doesn't shy from a challenge which I think goes unnoticed at times. To say Pearson has the later two qualaties would be laughable.

If we were to hold onto Bueno though and toughen him up I do agreee he could be used in this theory as was proved earlier in the season. I agree with Clough (and disagree with many others) that Bueno is no use in the 442 formation.

Bueno has the vision but is only a short sighted option, though he would add what i mentioned about Cywka with Baileys qualities. Pearson although he has the engine that Green has he doesn't seem to posses any other qualities other than having a gigantic pen1s which he must have to have the wife he has.

Greens main attribute is his box to box qualities but he has decent vision and doesn't shy from a challenge which I think goes unnoticed at times. To say Pearson has the later two qualaties would be laughable.

If we were to hold onto Bueno though and toughen him up I do agreee he could be used in this theory as was proved earlier in the season. I agree with Clough (and disagree with many others) that Bueno is no use in the 442 formation.

Agree with Pearson.. He is utter sh1te :p but at times his pace and energy can be so devastating to teams. Yet his actual footballing ability is so rubbish :frown:

Agree with Pearson.. He is utter sh1te :p but at times his pace and energy can be so devastating to teams. Yet his actual footballing ability is so rubbish :frown:

He just frustrates me! It sounds stupid but he is so close to being a good player, if he could just play a pass like Bailey or put some power into a shot like Commons, or shoot on target with more power than my nans left crutch period, then he would probably be in the premier league, he can't even tackle for crying out loud, but he has got pace and a great work rate and he gets into excellent positions.

Its such a shame that one of the biggest memories for derby fans of my generation will be stephen pearson falling over at wembley and starting this horrific run we have had.

Fielding - 7 solid, vastly superior to Ratty in every area except reach.

Brayford- 6.5 again, solid. Don't look like he cares as much as he did 3 months ago.

Ayala- 6.5 Funnily enough, solid. Composed on the ball yet delicately chips it to the opponent too much for my liking.

Barker- 6.5 Seemed solid. Has he been playing with an injury all season? Hmmmmmmmm

Roberts- 0 Disgrace to football

Cywka- 7.5 Looked like he had a point to prove.

Green- 0 Disgrace to football.

Savage- 0 Disgrace to football.

Pearson- seen him play worse but he's Stephen Pearson. As such; 0 Disgrace to football

Ward- no idea, can only recall him touching the ball a couple of times. Sod it, 6

Robinson- 6. Slip through some balls past t'defence and we will score.

Ben Davies- Don't Care

Miles Addison- Not particularly good, as such 9

I HATE THE WORLD

Archived