Songs

Asanovic

Seriously mate, I've heard no end of teams sing that.

Good song, but by no means original.

Never said it was original, but when you look at teams like St Pauli who have a sound 'Ultras' set of fans, that song is a huge part of building the atmosphere at games before singing others.

It's not really used by that many teams though, is it. I'm interested in knowing which teams they are though mate.

Celtic and St Pauli are well known for their 'Ultra' support. Along with Poznan who fast becoming a well known team for their support alone, look at Man City copying their backwards celebration.

I assume this is the aim of the Block A guys, to create that kind of atmosphere at games that is not only loud, but also fun for all those involved and those who can see/hear it.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never said it was original, but when you look at teams like St Pauli who have a sound 'Ultras' set of fans, that song is a huge part of building the atmosphere at games before singing others.

It's not really used by that many teams though, is it. I'm interested in knowing which teams they are though mate.

Celtic and St Pauli are well known for their 'Ultra' support. Along with Poznan who fast becoming a well known team for their support alone, look at Man City copying their backwards celebration.

I assume this is the aim of the Block A guys, to create that kind of atmosphere at games that is not only loud, but also fun for all those involved and those who can see/hear it.

It's one of tge most audible songs, so you hear it when it's on TV.

And I'm fairly sure we nicked it off Palace, so there's one. :p

It's one of tge most audible songs, so you hear it when it's on TV.

And I'm fairly sure we nicked it off Palace, so there's one. :p

Why is it audible?

Because it's an awesome song for building atmosphere. Easy melody, easy words and fun to sing along to. I don't think it should be Block A's main song but could be integral with what they're are trying to do.

Poznans fans are probably brilliant, this has been posted before

Every time we sing that i cringe, Palace come to our place and sing and very next game we've taken it and changed it to Derby. We'll be singing Im Forever Blowing Bubbles and Blue Moon next, cant we start something original. All we seem to do is hear other teams song and change the words to fit with Derby.

Might be wolves as well but I always thought the association was principally with Wednesday, they certainly have belted it out on the numerous occasions I have visited.

Ah! Yes Sheff Wednesday!

Wolves came to my head because i always hear it on Match Of The Day.

Every time we sing that i cringe, Palace come to our place and sing and very next game we've taken it and changed it to Derby. We'll be singing Im Forever Blowing Bubbles and Blue Moon next, cant we start something original. All we seem to do is hear other teams song and change the words to fit with Derby.

What he said.

Why is it audible?

Because it's an awesome song for building atmosphere. Easy melody, easy words and fun to sing along to. I don't think it should be Block A's main song but could be integral with what they're are trying to do.

F'ckin 'ell.

Everytime i see Lech Poznan they blow me away.

Wonder if they are like that week in/ week out??

Always dreamed of going to watch AC Milan (my soft spot team).

Now i'd love to go and experience one of Poznan's matches.

Absoloute brilliant. Speechless.

Why is it audible?

Because you can hear it well.

Will you stop going on?

It's not an original song, something that we need.

Well by my reckoning lads, we shouldn't sing any of our songs then.

If you don't like em, don't sing em..... not like we sing anyway is it?

Too right. Probably why nobody sings, terrible unoriginal songs.

Because you can hear it well.

Will you stop going on?

It's not an original song, something that we need.

What's your problem?

I admire fans that support a team like Celtic, St Pauli and Poznan.

'We love you' is great for building an atmosphere, which is what we all want, no?

Like dcfcdavecov says, any of our songs should be dumped because practically every British team uses the same.

What's your problem?

'We love you' is great for building an atmosphere, which is what we all want, no?

Like dcfcdavecov says, any of our songs should be dumped because practically every British team uses the same.

I don't have a problem, you're just talking nonsense.

Too right. Probably why nobody sings, terrible unoriginal songs.

Can i set you an assignment sir?

Write your own song, completely original. I'll do the same.

With your song, are you going to use a backing song and replace the lyrics with your own Derby related ones or are you just going to write a totally new song, with it's own melody.

What's your problem?

I'd rather have no atmosphere than just take other teams songs. When we go to Palace this season and start singing 'we love you' they'll take the p*ss like there's no tomorrow. The team is already a laughing stock, our away support isnt far behind.

I'd rather have no atmosphere than just take other teams songs. When we go to Palace this season and start singing 'we love you' they'll take the p*ss like there's no tomorrow. The team is already a laughing stock, our away support isnt far behind.

And you are the reason why.

Maybe they'll be too busy laughing at your flag...who knows?

At least Black n white is making an effort.

Archived