Barmy Army v Ipswich Tuesday Night

therams69

Well lets not get distracted by recent events, we still need to improve the atmopshere at Derby and do something about it so I am trying to spread the word about the Ipswich game.

If anyone wants to actually do something about this whole atmopshere issue that is going on all forums at the minute, feel free to move to Block A for the Ipswich game on the Tuesday night. We have secured 3 extra rows in our area for fans to move to, can be just for this game rather than the season. All you need to do is go down to the ticket office and tell them you want to be sat there for the Ipswich game. Couldnt be easier really, time to see if any of our fans are serious about actually doing something about the issue rather than just putting words on forums!!

Block A, North Stand.

Nick

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just cant see the point in the barmy army moving to the north stand. It is full of moaning old women in there, you will never get any atmosphere going in that stand. You cant even hear you from the half way line of the east stand. The only place youll ever get atmosphere at PP is the south east corner and thats a dead duck these days. Get the BA back in the corner if you ask me and get some chants going, youll get plenty more join in, in the SE corner then you do in the north stand. Just my opinion.

I just cant see the point in the barmy army moving to the north stand. It is full of moaning old women in there, you will never get any atmosphere going in that stand. You cant even hear you from the half way line of the east stand. The only place youll ever get atmosphere at PP is the south east corner and thats a dead duck these days. Get the BA back in the corner if you ask me and get some chants going, youll get plenty more join in, in the SE corner then you do in the north stand. Just my opinion.

BV, again, we were never in the SE Corner, South Stand yes but that was when we just forming...

We only have around 20 or so dedicated singers and you would be surprised how noisy we can be, potential there... The gaffer can hear us on the half way line, that is a fact!

We got the entire North Stand going against Scunny if I recall singing barmy army, if the noise is already there other fans will join in...

Too many wish to stay in the East Stand where lets be honest with 2000 in there dont really make any noise...

We just want the numbers, like I have mentioned all I am asking is that fans come over for 1 game, if you like it come again, if you dont nothing lost as lets be honest the atmopshere v Ipswich isnt gonna be amazing is it! Rest assured our area will be singing as per usual for 90 minutes!

Nick

BV_ we have had this discussion before and this thread will turn into countless others arguing about the atmospher. Lets forget about the reasons why The BA are in the NS, get over it.

BAck on topic - Nick will be trying to move for that one once I have convinvced me bro and the wife shouldnt be too long.

Did you see my suggestion in the other thread about Song Sheets being put out on chairs before kick off around the ground - withthe words to old clean songs. I know we all know them but I am convinced that since we dont hear them that much now that someof the kids wont know them. I thin if we get some of the simple, repetetive no swearing songs going then parents will let their kids join in and feel more comfortable singing them in front of the Kids.

Could we ask the club if they could help out a little with printing and have them as an insert in the programme for the game?

Hope to see you on the first.

DEBRY clap clap clap DERBY Clap clap clap DERBY.................

BV_ we have had this discussion before and this thread will turn into countless others arguing about the atmospher. Lets forget about the reasons why The BA are in the NS, get over it.

BAck on topic - Nick will be trying to move for that one once I have convinvced me bro and the wife shouldnt be too long.

Did you see my suggestion in the other thread about Song Sheets being put out on chairs before kick off around the ground - withthe words to old clean songs. I know we all know them but I am convinced that since we dont hear them that much now that someof the kids wont know them. I thin if we get some of the simple, repetetive no swearing songs going then parents will let their kids join in and feel more comfortable singing them in front of the Kids.

Could we ask the club if they could help out a little with printing and have them as an insert in the programme for the game?

Hope to see you on the first.

DEBRY clap clap clap DERBY Clap clap clap DERBY.................

Good stuff mate and excellent idea about song sheets. We are in the process of printing a fanzine so may include these in the fanzine. We have a lad that works at a printers so all good... I am going to try and have one produced for the Forest game to spread the word.

Hope to see you v Ipswich mate!! I am gonna put a harder than normal effort to get it going in our area!!

Nick

Fair play for trying to get an atmosphere going in the North stand, I just cant really see why you needed to create a singing stand when with a bit of leadership you already have maybe 1500 in the SE corner who would join in like the first few years at PP. Nigel must have better hearing than me, as I can see the clapping etc but I honestly cant here you, thats not having a dig its the truth. I dont rate PP one bit to be honest, nor 80% of the fans who go there, the baseball ground didnt seem to attract so moaning old biddes and mute families, I prefer away games these days. I think youll only ever get an atmosphere in areas of the ground near to the away fans.

Fair play for trying to get an atmosphere going in the North stand, I just cant really see why you needed to create a singing stand when with a bit of leadership you already have maybe 1500 in the SE corner who would join in like the first few years at PP. Nigel must have better hearing than me, as I can see the clapping etc but I honestly cant here you, thats not having a dig its the truth. I dont rate PP one bit to be honest, nor 80% of the fans who go there, the baseball ground didnt seem to attract so moaning old biddes and mute families, I prefer away games these days. I think youll only ever get an atmosphere in areas of the ground near to the away fans.

Yes agree on some points there mate, PPS has rocked before and can rock again after all we have 25000 there each week.

If anyone DOES NOT have a season ticket and would like to be at the Ipswich game in our area to make noise please email me at

webster23@hotmail.co.uk

Nick

i think we will

draw at watford...

win at ipswich...

then beat florest...

these three fixtures will kick-start our season:cool:

We play Ipswich at Pride Park and after Forest, so apart from venue and order of fixtures great optimistic post.

I think we will draw at Watford

Lose at hom to Forest

Win at home against Ipswich

You got any plans for the forest game Nick? I for the woman to book us tickets near you and she got us B block I think so not too far away.

No plans as such matey but that may change, multiple flag surfing though!! :D

Shame you couldnt get in Block A but that being said lets get the noise spread to Block B!! All hopes rest on you!!!!

Nick

We play Ipswich at Pride Park and after Forest, so apart from venue and order of fixtures great optimistic post.

I think we will draw at Watford

Lose at hom to Forest

Win at home against Ipswich

When he said beat forest maybe he meant physically?

Archived