Craig Davis - Chesterfield

SDR

Hi guys new to the forum how is everybody, i did go on the old DET forum and was known as "sam dcfc ram" but now SDR. its good to see alot of people from the old forum have appeared on this forum ,look forward to sharing some banter with you all :D .got a little rumor you guys, but i dont think there is any truth in this one at all.

it is believed that craig davis of chesterfield has been watched on many occasions by the derby county coaching staff, derby are said to be interested in the forward who turned 25 the other day. reported in the derbyshire times. what do people think ? not to sure myself, abit to old and not proven enough at a higher level. but then again it is nigel and he does like to pick the best lower league players and try them out in the championship , so there maybe a bit of truth in it . but i highly doubt it.

discuss :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would suggest a weakness in our scouting system if we were interested in a player because he just crossed our path.

Craig Davies only joined Chesterfield in June on a freebie from Port Vale - another team in our backyard.

Similarly Ben Davies - joined Notts Co on a freebie last summer - from Shrewsbury....same time we signed Lee Croft.

Saw him in the pre-season game and I thought he looked very useful and I can see how he could fill that lone forward role very well; he is very powerful, covers a lot of ground very quickly and has a decent shot on him. So on the basis of that mad mad match he looked like the real deal to me but ...

A mate of mine has a season ticket for Chezzafield and whilst he definitely rates him he says he is not what you would call a team player and that his career so far (pre Chezza) has been somewhat blighted by an "attitude problem".

Nigel may be able to man manage the best out of this player (could be interesting in that case) but I fear the potential bad apple impact and I don't want him here.

I have a couple of workmates who are stewards at Chesterfield and they say we have had scouts there a few times and are convinced we are in for him in January. He's scored some cracking goals this season. I can't see who else we might have been watching there.

Archived