PS3 or Xbox 360?

Hartley Hare

Thanks all.

A quick look seems to indicate that the 360 is the cheaper one for the console alone, but I guess it depends on available packages from time to time. I'll keep a look-out.

Make sure you ask what consoles his friends play on, that's probably the biggest thing you have to look for.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical just wants to be like everyone else :p

I would go for x box the sky player is really good, imo the online gaming is much better than the ps3 and the achievments make games much more fun for longer! But Alex does make a good point as if none of his friends dont have an x box then wh will he play on line???? strangers :eek:

Yeah but what do you acheive with these trophies???

Getting a trophy is no different to popping an achievement. If you get all of a game's trophies you get an extra platinum trophy, whereas with the 360, if you get all of the achievements, you get bugger all.

On the other hand, not all PS3 games support trophies.

Getting a trophy is no different to popping an achievement. If you get all of a game's trophies you get an extra platinum trophy, whereas with the 360, if you get all of the achievements, you get bugger all.

On the other hand, not all PS3 games support trophies.

The achievements system is far better than the Trophies idea.

The achievements seem to mean more, wheras the trophies aren't given a second glance by people I know who have a PS3. Yet when they had Xboxes (a few of my mates migrated over together so they could all play online together) they actually went for the achievements.

Not sure why its worked out like that, but it has.

Do you get points for trophies or is it just a single trophie? Hw are trophies awarded same as 360? I only ask because a friend has a PS3 mainly for games that are just released for PS3 (Metal Gear Solid I think?) and blue ray player and he doesnt really mention them but then again we have all got 360's so there is nothing for him to boast about I guess

If you get all the acheivements for a game you have it on that first screen on one of the menu's, so you acheive somethong I guess

Do you get points for trophies or is it just a single trophie? Hw are trophies awarded same as 360? I only ask because a friend has a PS3 mainly for games that are just released for PS3 (Metal Gear Solid I think?) and blue ray player and he doesnt really mention them but then again we have all got 360's so there is nothing for him to boast about I guess

You get Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies depending on the difficulty of the trophy. You get all the trophies and you get the platinum for that game. You also rank up as well by collecting the trophies.

Here's Black Ops trophies for example

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/call-of-duty-black-ops/trophies/

They will be exactly the same as the Xbox achievements.

The achievements system is far better than the Trophies idea.

The achievements seem to mean more, wheras the trophies aren't given a second glance by people I know who have a PS3. Yet when they had Xboxes (a few of my mates migrated over together so they could all play online together) they actually went for the achievements.

Not sure why its worked out like that, but it has.

They are only given a second glance if your a achievement/trophy hunter. I wouldn't say one system is better than the other, they both pretty much do the same thing.

They are only given a second glance if your a achievement/trophy hunter. I wouldn't say one system is better than the other, they both pretty much do the same thing.

It might be the little 'ding' that Xbox users love then :D There just seems to be something more worthwhile about it.

I can't fully understand why, the Xbox achievements just mean more.

You get a 'ding' with PS3 aswell.

Anyhow, best console to get is what your friends have got, had my mates not all gone out and bought PS3's like tossers I'd still be on Xbox. Still got it now although the missus uses it for her crappy games. Was thinking of getting Black Ops 2nd hand for the Xbox to pwn you lot :D.

You get a 'ding' with PS3 aswell.

Anyhow, best console to get is what your friends have got, had my mates not all gone out and bought PS3's like tossers I'd still be on Xbox. Still got it now although the missus uses it for her crappy games. Was thinking of getting Black Ops 2nd hand for the Xbox to pwn you lot :D.

There'll be no pwning me Mr Dav, I was going 25/12 on half a screen with starter weapons while boozing.

Once i've got a working Xbox, I shall murder you all over and over and over again.......... (My xbox got fixed, then broke again within a week. Yay me)

25/12 is nothing, even with the starter guns and split screen you poof. Will get it in a couple of weeks, got a few monnths left of Live I think. Just had these delivered today, bladdy great they are. I'll whack my old Turtle Beach PX21's on eBay once the snow has shifted and get it for the Xbox.

You try doing that with an M16 then :p On half a screen too.

Plus do it while serenading some French lads who asked you to sing Swing music to them. I gave them a heart rending rendition of 'Fly Me To The Moon', I demand you do the same :D

Archived