Jake Buxton

Day

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nerve damage,

Lost it?????

JOKE. :rolleyes:

Saw Steve Davis outside Little Eaton Co-op today. MrRam comes out and checks the wheel trims and stereo are still there. Bless. ;)

Barker, Leacock, Anderson, Addison and Brayford are all better centre-backs. I don't think Buxton will get much of a sniff once he's fit.

He'd have made the bench today, no more than that. I don't dislike him, he's a wholehearted lad, a trier, but only good enough as cover.

if had been there today we would of had brayford at right back

Doubt it. He likes the solution of Green at right-back and Brayford at centre-back when Barker or Leacock is missing. If he didn't want to do it he'd have played Anderson.

I don't think anderson was fit enough to have played today, he was only there as a if desperate, if needs must, ie 2 went off injured or 1 got sent off and 1 got injured, scenario

Buxton has played left back in his career, but our left back spot requires dribbling ability and pace, neither of which Jake has.

He's decent back up, he can be in the reserves till needed on the bench or pitch for £2,000 a week. Good deal I think. He can help out the youngsters in the reserves and he's good back up on nothing in terms of wages in comparison with other players.

I like Buxton. Really want him to come back strongly. After so long out though i think he's going to find it tough finding his feet here.

It'll be handy when we have Anderson, Addison and Buxton all injury free at the same time. Probably all injured again when we need one of em. Typical. :mad: :rolleyes:

i quite like buxton too played well last season before he got injured scored a cracker too didn't he

The ball came to him from half-way, he was on the edge of the area, panicked, turned and shot at goal. Plymouth match I think. Great goal, but I think he still thought he was in defence.

I like Jake. No nonsense defender, he did very well for us last year. I do worry that, having been out so long, he'll find it very difficult to find that form again for us when he's back. He's a good backup at this level, and his performance at Newcastle away last year was heroic.

Buxton is just too slow and not doesn't have good enough distribution to play regular for a Championship team. He does works hard and is solid in the air. I don't mind him as back up, and will always remember him fondly for his performance alongside Barker against Notts Forest last year.

Archived