clough england manager

Whoneedshuls

if things go well for nigel as in either he gets us into the premiership and keeps us there or he goes to a bigger club and does well for a few years do you think the idiotic fa would consider him for the england managers role in the future as they want a good english manager and his way of playing is slowly catching the eye and if we win tonight then people might sit up and take notte that fiannally we are a side to be serious contenders not relagation candidates for a change.

long live the cloughmiester!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just trying to reason why Clough would leave Derby apart from the financial constraints he is obviously working under. Apart from the lure of say Man Utd, where his friendship with Fergie is well documented this leaves the London clubs or the England job, again in London (I've excluded Liverpool from his options as they don't appear to have any money either) and I can't see Clough moving there.

So hypothetically, if Fergie gets the sack and Man Utd come knocking on the door, apart from this where else would Clough be interested in managing?

I doubt that the FA would ever come knocking on the door of Nigel and I doubt Nigel would take it. Think about if your father had a grudge held against him, in so obvious a public way, would you cross him when he's gone by accepting something that would be a smack in his face. Has Nigel perhaps done this already by taking on the role he currently occupies?

Thoughts:confused:

Just trying to reason why Clough would leave Derby apart from the financial constraints he is obviously working under. Apart from the lure of say Man Utd, where his friendship with Fergie is well documented this leaves the London clubs or the England job, again in London (I've excluded Liverpool from his options as they don't appear to have any money either) and I can't see Clough moving there.

So hypothetically, if Fergie gets the sack and Man Utd come knocking on the door, apart from this where else would Clough be interested in managing?

I doubt that the FA would ever come knocking on the door of Nigel and I doubt Nigel would take it. Think about if your father had a grudge held against him, in so obvious a public way, would you cross him when he's gone by accepting something that would be a smack in his face. Has Nigel perhaps done this already by taking on the role he currently occupies?

Thoughts:confused:

I would look at it the opposite way and see Nige thinking the barstools that is the FA turned down my dad and I will go there if they call me in my dads name and prove that the FA was wrong in not choosing the great man that was Clough Snr my dad.

I realy believe Nige is going to go onto great things,just hope he takes us back to the Prem 1st and even Europe(yes i am dreaming a little, but who knows) before any of this happens.

I would look at it the opposite way and see Nige thinking the barstools that is the FA turned down my dad and I will go there if they call me in my dads name and prove that the FA was wrong in not choosing the great man that was Clough Snr my dad.

I realy believe Nige is going to go onto great things,just hope he takes us back to the Prem 1st and even Europe(yes i am dreaming a little, but who knows) before any of this happens.

What about Nigel building a Kop aswell?

The England manager doesn't necessarily need to be based in London, it's really a part time job and he would probably spend more time in London if he managed a prem club than he would if he was England's manager. His main weakness is that he isn't great at handling the media. Apparently he has a reputation of being very difficult to interview, almost the opposite of his old man. The other problem is one of timing, Capello leaving will be too early for him to get the job and Steve Mac will probably get it, who knows what shape NC's career will have taken by the time the job next comes up? Anyway hope I live to see England win a World Cup and hope NC is the manager of the England side that is packed with Derby players. ( have to say though I have a recurring dream that he is Liverpool's manager)

I think you are all getting ahead of yourselves.

He's going nowhere.

Forest v Derby will be his 100th game in charge of Derby.

What better way to celebrate than by bringing home the Brian Clough trophy.

I'm going to brew a special beer in a couple of months, and it will be named 'Nigel Clough'.

It will be a totally unassuming beer with no outward signs that it is going to be anything special at all. Then it will suddenly give you a good kneeing with its outrageous strength of character, and you will realise that it IS the boss.

I'm going to brew a special beer in a couple of months, and it will be named 'Nigel Clough'.

It will be a totally unassuming beer with no outward signs that it is going to be anything special at all. Then it will suddenly give you a good kneeing with its outrageous strength of character, and you will realise that it IS the boss.

When you pull the pint can the sound of Nigel going "errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm"?

Always amused me during interviews. Like he was a robot powering up before the sentence.

Always amused me during interviews. Like he was a robot powering up before the sentence.

It will be bottled, so it will go 'Pffffffffftttttttttt' when opened - which is the sound of Billy Davies's balloon being punctured and all his hot air escaping as we continue our dominance of the Sir Brian Clough Trophy

its his CPU fan spinning away, slightly off balance and vibrating - you can only hear it when his built in speaker goes quiet.

Archived