A thought.

Perky1106

During the World Cup, Wayne Rooney was caught on camera questioning the loyalty of England fans.

It's a good job he hasn't:

- cheated on his wife with several prostitutes

- left the local club he supported as a boy for a more successful rival

- asked to leave this rival after years of them nurturing his talent just so he could get more money at another rival

- before disappointing the fans at this new club by making a U-turn when he was offered a massive pay rise.

His loyalty has, thankfully, never been in doubt.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
During the World Cup, Wayne Rooney was caught on camera questioning the loyalty of England fans.

It's a good job he hasn't:

- cheated on his wife with several prostitutes

- left the local club he supported as a boy for a more successful rival

- asked to leave this rival after years of them nurturing his talent just so he could get more money at another rival

- before disappointing the fans at this new club by making a U-turn when he was offered a massive pay rise.

His loyalty has, thankfully, never been in doubt.

Well put. It's a shame he's a good player, because the guy is an absolute buffoon.

I think people forget that Wayne Rooney isn't just a footballer he's a human being, a young man that makes mistakes, yet because it's Wayne Rooney he gets all this *****. I've done plenty of things in my life I'm not proud about and I'm sure alot of people have.

People think that because it's Wayne Rooney he doesn't have bad games, he should be scoring for fun in every game and never put a foot wrong, take home a crap wage and say grace before each meal.

Yes he was ***** at the World Cup and I bet he would be the first to admit it, prior to the World Cup he put in 100% in every game for both club and country, he would be all over the pitch putting in tackles, he wasn't one of these strikers that would just stand at the half way line strolling around.

He played that well the media made out he was going to win the World Cup for us on his own, the sad thing is people believed it and that's why he's getting all this ***** now.

Because he had a ***** World Cup does that mean he should accept a lower wage at club level for the next 4 years?

Every single one of us and I don't care what you say now, if you were in Rooney's position and you knew you could get X amount extra a week, you would make sure you got that X amount extra.

Isn't it time we got behind players like Rooney? He is still a World Class striker and I'm glad he's English, if the media and fans get off his back maybe he might get back to his best for the European Championships.

Just a thought.

I think people forget that Wayne Rooney isn't just a footballer he's a human being, a young man that makes mistakes, yet because it's Wayne Rooney he gets all this *****. I've done plenty of things in my life I'm not proud about and I'm sure alot of people have.

Making mistakes is one thing, not learning from them and doing them again is another. Granny prostitutes the first time, young prostitutes the second time.

People think that because it's Wayne Rooney he doesn't have bad games, he should be scoring for fun in every game and never put a foot wrong, take home a crap wage and say grace before each meal.

Yes he was ***** at the World Cup and I bet he would be the first to admit it, prior to the World Cup he put in 100% in every game for both club and country, he would be all over the pitch putting in tackles, he wasn't one of these strikers that would just stand at the half way line strolling around.

He played that well the media made out he was going to win the World Cup for us on his own, the sad thing is people believed it and that's why he's getting all this ***** now.

Because he had a ***** World Cup does that mean he should accept a lower wage at club level for the next 4 years?

Every single one of us and I don't care what you say now, if you were in Rooney's position and you knew you could get X amount extra a week, you would make sure you got that X amount extra.

Isn't it time we got behind players like Rooney? He is still a World Class striker and I'm glad he's English, if the media and fans get off his back maybe he might get back to his best for the European Championships.

Just a thought.

here here, it annoys me so much when people probe footballers private lives, as long as he does it on the pitch then I couldn't care less about what he does off it. He has also clearly been injured for this season, which probably explains his poor form

Making mistakes is one thing, not learning from them and doing them again is another. Granny prostitutes the first time, young prostitutes the second time.

Which would suggest he learnt not to shag granny's from his first mistake and to get back yo the younger models like the rest of us ;-)

Where was Kris Commons loyalty to Forest? and no doubt he's trying to get a pay rise from us right now even tho he has missed loads of games through injury prior to this season.

We covered this in the "Would you play for Forest" thread and most said they would play for Forest, the majority of footballers are not loyal anymore, the likes of Giggs are a dying breed.

Should Rooney of questioned the fans loyalty? no, you have to take into account he said it in the heat of the moment as he was being booed off by England fans, I'm sure we have all said things we don't mean in the heat of the moment as well, I've lost count the amount of times the missus has said I've got a small willy during an argument but shes still here.

It's all in the past now, I don't see the point in dragging up what was said 4 months ago. Let the guy get back to his football and back to his best for England.

I agree that we have all said things in the heat of the moment and I would have probably reacted the same way, the difference being once I had calmed own and thought about it I would have swallowed my pride and apologized.

Like you say though it's in the past and not a big deal now

He did issue a statement the next morning apologising for what he had said after the game, I just personally think the media and fans need to get off his back now. World Cup aside he's one of the only players we have that will put in 100% when pulling on the England shirt, and it's a player that can make a real difference as well.

im not rooneys biggest fan, but i appreciate his energy and commitment. i say hes been innjured for a couple of months now, and given his personal life affairs you know id struggle for form, i mean i have a rubbish day at work im crap when i play footy at night

and if i had and earned the sam money as he did id be doing the same, well maybe not the grannys...i have a litte taste

Archived