Who might other clubs want?

sage

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
900k, 1m... splitting hairs?

Smiffy, do you enjoy following Derby? You seem very angry about it all?

I simply see things as they are, I do not get carried away or get overly excited by a few wins, I have seen it all too many times.

As for Barker, if you or anyone that have watched him this season think that at the moment he is playing as well as last season, well sorry but I do not agree with you, therefor how can his value have increased ?.

It may be that he is not fully fit, but it does not alter the fact.

I simply see things as they are, I do not get carried away or get overly excited by a few wins, I have seen it all too many times.

As for Barker, if you or anyone that have watched him this season think that at the moment he is playing as well as last season, well sorry but I do not agree with you, therefor how can his value have increased ?.

It may be that he is not fully fit, but it does not alter the fact.

I agree, he's not quite hit the heights of last season. But I shouldn't think his value has dropped, and it could be argued that it's risen as a team would probably have to spend more to prise him away. I doubt Clough would sell him for less than a million.

With Barkers performances being of a consistently high quality he is sure to have added to his value, to suggest otherwise simply on the basis of what Clough would pay, especially when Clough paid circa £1m in the first instance is rather strange.

My point is that today has seen silly figures for a Championship centre back from PNE, in the order of £4m, being quoted. On this basis it seems fair to suggest that Barkers fee, if he were for sale, should realistically be closer to the £2m mark.

With Barkers performances being of a consistently high quality he is sure to have added to his value, to suggest otherwise simply on the basis of what Clough would pay, especially when Clough paid circa £1m in the first instance is rather strange.

My point is that today has seen silly figures for a Championship centre back from PNE, in the order of £4m, being quoted. On this basis it seems fair to suggest that Barkers fee, if he were for sale, should realistically be closer to the £2m mark.

That's what I think. A player's value is what it would take to get him. Therefore, Barker was worth £900k (or whatever) when we signed him. Would we sell him for that? No. £1.5million? Maybe. £2million? Probably. So he's worth somewhere between £1.5million and £2million. Simple.

Archived