Blackett-Taylor

I believe that after a good preseason with the squad, he will start the season fit and on a level with everyone else. 

Also, he will no longer have the 'new boy' syndrome, he'll be one of the old hands welcoming in a batch of new signings, which helps in any work place.

Feel that this last part season wasn't the place to judge him, yet still we got glimses. He will need to settle, if he had have been fit and scored first time out then that transition may be shorter. It wasn't, but still he needs a preseason with us, and some real training ground work with his team (that final ball is easier if you know what the other guys is probably thinking).

The only thing I'm not sure about is, I think Warne signed him for a 4-2-3-1, with him, NML, plus 1 in the supporting 3. With 5-3-2 he either has to develop a strong defensive side to take a wing back birth or challenge for a striker role.

That said if we go 3-4-3 there is a place there for him, but that midfield 2 had better have some legs on them, else we are getting overrun.

18 hours ago, Chopper said:

Feel that this last part season wasn't the place to judge him, yet still we got glimses. He will need to settle, if he had have been fit and scored first time out then that transition may be shorter. It wasn't, but still he needs a preseason with us, and some real training ground work with his team (that final ball is easier if you know what the other guys is probably thinking).

The only thing I'm not sure about is, I think Warne signed him for a 4-2-3-1, with him, NML, plus 1 in the supporting 3. With 5-3-2 he either has to develop a strong defensive side to take a wing back birth or challenge for a striker role.

That said if we go 3-4-3 there is a place there for him, but that midfield 2 had better have some legs on them, else we are getting overrun.

Adams (hopefully) and Tommo? 

It will be interesting to see what formation PW goes for in the SBC. 352? that would likely see NML in the "2" alongside Collo or Collo's replacement. Did NML's downturn in form coincide with playing up top rather than out wide? If so, will he improve up top in the SBC?

It would likely see Wilson/Ward as RWBs and Sibs/Elder at LWB. Would we need NML/CBT playing a winger role?

So many questions to be answered.

10 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Adams (hopefully) and Tommo? 

It will be interesting to see what formation PW goes for in the SBC. 352? that would likely see NML in the "2" alongside Collo or Collo's replacement. Did NML's downturn in form coincide with playing up top rather than out wide? If so, will he improve up top in the SBC?

It would likely see Wilson/Ward as RWBs and Sibs/Elder at LWB. Would we need NML/CBT playing a winger role?

So many questions to be answered.

Before any transfer business has been done, id imagine he might do a 343 with CBT, Collins and NML the front 3.

On 03/05/2024 at 19:27, TomTom92 said:

Was just starting to go through the gears and then he missed that sitter at Wycombe. The fact we drew and at the time it looked a costly error probably didn’t do him any favours. 

Then he fell out the team and the nature of the rest of the matches meant he hardly got a kick. 

Clean slate for next season and hopefully he can do a job in some capacity.

I imagine he watches the video of that miss from behind the sofa.....