January Transfer Window

Day

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Problem there Dav is that we cant rely on Leacock not getting injured himself, based on history, and he's certainly not the fastest kid on the block. The current system relys a bit on raiding full backs and i just dont see him fitting seamlessly in as that. Someone as cover who's quick which wont be easy to find judging by others we've loaned. Grant you Green can fill in but his engine would be missed going forward from the centre.

I'd forgotten about Addison coming back, there is Leacock and Barker who can both play right back and Anderson should be fit by then too - okay strike the righ back loan stick with the 2 strikers on loan/permanent depending on Porter/ Davis fitness

Problem there Dav is that we cant rely on Leacock not getting injured himself, based on history, and he's certainly not the fastest kid on the block. The current system relys a bit on raiding full backs and i just dont see him fitting seamlessly in as that. Someone as cover who's quick which wont be easy to find judging by others we've loaned. Grant you Green can fill in but his engine would be missed going forward from the centre.

I agree with you 100%, but as a prediction of what Clough will do in January I disagree, I think he will only spend if he has to spend.

I'd forgotten about Addison coming back, there is Leacock and Barker who can both play right back and Anderson should be fit by then too - okay strike the righ back loan stick with the 2 strikers on loan/permanent depending on Porter/ Davis fitness

When we signed Barker, Blackpool fans said he was awful at RB but great as a Centre Back.

By choice or by being financially handcuffed?

Bit of both maybe. I think NC knows the financial situation and always has done.

Anyway, I agree with those predicting more loans in January. The club looks like it has 'some' cash available but not a great deal so I can't see any higher profile buys until next summer - and season ticket time.

Until a sugar daddy comes along (previous candidates need not apply) I can live with that.

I would like to see a defensive midfielder come in - a real killer type as I worry we have a tendancy to be a bit lightweight at times and I think we need to be looking at an eventual replacement for Savage. I really like the look of Pratley (at Swansea?) although he is more than just a killer. Also some cover a right back would be nice.

This said I don't think Nigel will sign anyone outside of maybe the two we have on loan up front (on loan again)

• 2 months later...
I believe the team we have now needs no adjustment, except the extension of Kuqi's loan until the end of this season and if possible, maybe some pre-negotiations between us, Real Madrid and Real Vallodolid (or whatever they're called) so we can get Bueno on a permanent contract.

Until Steve Davies is back, Kuqi up front is the best we'll get so I want him here. His finish today was an absolute beauty as well.

Doubt you still follow that line now. Kuqi is obviously gone but we now know we need major arrivals to return to the free flowing football of October.

I would like to see us bring back Fielding ...won`t happen

bring in another centre back, but keep leacock and give him another chance

bring in two forwards, one, like Harrad, as a squad player, and also another pacey forward, whoever Clough has in mind

Ben Davies seems versatile and experienced enough and think he would be a great addiition although doubt it will happen still. someone younger who could fill the same role, on loan from the Prem, but wages would have to be forked out to get someone decent.

Archived