Strachan Sacked

Day

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Mowbray is the early favourite to replace him although I bet Billy boy would be interested don't you think Fever?

Nearer to Scotland, surrounded by Scottish players and an owner that will let him splash the cash.

Tony Mowbray is the early favourite to replace him although I bet Billy boy would be interested don't you think Fever?

Nearer to Scotland, surrounded by Scottish players and an owner that will let him splash the cash.

Good managers get chased.

Hows Nigel doing ?

Been confirmed...

----------------------------------------------------

MIDDLESBROUGH Football Club has confirmed that manager Gordon Strachan has today left the club by mutual consent.

The change has been made with Boro in a disappointing 20th position 11 games into the npower Championship season.

Chairman Steve Gibson said: "Gordon is a man of great integrity. He has torn up his contract and walked away without compensation because he felt it was in the best interests of this football club.

"There are very few managers who have ever done that but that is the mark of the man.

"He feels he has given it everything he has got here but it hasn't worked out and he has taken full responsibility for that.

"He knew that first team results weren't anything like as good as we had hoped they would be and he agreed that the change had to be made."

No decision has yet been made regarding Strachan's successor as Boro manager.

"We are now working on a shortlist of potential candidates as Gordon's successor," added Gibson. "It is crucial we put the right man in charge so I will not rush into a decision.

"First of all, we have an important league game on Tuesday night. With that in mind, Steve Agnew has been given responsibility for all first team matters until a new manager is appointed."

Strachan had two-and-a-half years remaining on his contract. Next Wednesday October 27 would have been the first anniversary of his appointment as Boro manager. He was in charge for 43 league games.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/articles/20101018/gordon-strachan-leaves-boro_70638_2188710

Inside source at The Riverside says it will be Mowbray.

Archived