Live Commentary For Derby games

Alex W

Hello all!

Thought i'd post about the project i'm working on, i'd done so on the old DET forum and as long as the Mods are ok with it, I will do so on here from time to time too.

Quick background to it: After seeing the DET Match Centre pulled as they couldn't continue with it for varous reasons, and I decided to try and get it back for fans who used it. After going between the club and the DET, I was hard pressed to get one going again.

Now, being an ambitious fellow (which suprised even me at first) I decided to make a site myself. This site is now in the the design production stage, and I hope to have some Photoshop images done very soon.

The site will have coverage of just Derby to begin with as the first game will be something of a trial. All being well, I will then make moves to get every game in this league covered. I already have several reporters interested in doing it for their respective clubs, I just have to get the site up and running.

It will have the live text commentary scrolling as the action happens, with users having the ability to submit comments which will be moderated by me that can appear on the feed. There will be a goal update box at the top right of the page alerting you to any goal scored as soon as it happens. There will also be a revolving league table, if we can get the technical side working, that will revolve into the correct order depending on scores as they happen.

Apart from just that there'll be club news as and when it happens, with a few player interviews aswell when we can get them. Any suggestions to what else you'd like to see from the site are welcome, feel free to comment on here.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for a site like this? Anything in particular you'd like to see? Any features, ideas you have are welcome.

Anyway, like I said, I hope to have some images back to me soon, and will post them here when I get them. Just wanted to let anyone who hasn't heard about it know, the more fellow fans I get who read about it the better.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be fantastic for people like me being Ex-pats living abroad Alex.

How would it work? would you have supporters at the ground doing live commentry or just people listening to the Radio or T.V. and then post on the website?

Maybe have a live chat after the game to see what supporters thought of the game and were they are e-mailing from.

Anyway hope you get it up and running and well done.

This would be fantastic for people like me being Ex-pats living abroad Alex.

How would it work? would you have supporters at the ground doing live commentry or just people listening to the Radio or T.V. and then post on the website?

Maybe have a live chat after the game to see what supporters thought of the game and were they are e-mailing from.

Anyway hope you get it up and running and well done.

Rams Player has a 14 day free trial at the moment and you can listen to Radio Derby commentary from every game plus highlights a few days later, just cancel your sub before the 14 days is up if your not impressed and it won't cost you a penny, or it's only a pound a week if you want to keep it.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2182902,00.html

Archived