Fifa officials 'offer to sell 2018 World Cup bid votes'

Day

Two Fifa officials have offered to sell their votes in the contest to host the 2018 World Cup, according to a Sunday Times report.

The newspaper has video footage in which Nigerian Amos Adamu, a Fifa executive committee member, appears to ask for £500,000.

This is completely against Fifa rules.

And Oceania Football Confederation president Reynald Temarii, wanted money for a sports academy for his vote, the newspaper alleged.

England are competing to host the tournament in eight years time, as well as Russia and joint bids from Spain and Portugal and Holland and Belgium.

A 24-strong committee will decide by secret ballot on 2 December who should host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

The footage, filmed by undercover Sunday Times journalists, shows Adamu wanting money to be paid to him directly for endorsing a bid.

The reporters had posed as lobbyists for a United States bid. The US decided on Friday to withdraw from the running for the 2018 World Cup and instead concentrate on the 2022 competition.

In the video, Adamu was asked whether the money for a "private project" would have an effect on the way he voted, he replied: "Obviously, it will have an effect. Of course it will. Because certainly if you are to invest in that, that means you also want the vote."

Fifa has so far not responded to the allegations.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9099326.stm

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate my spam filter. Ever since I turned it off, I haven't had any luck in the Nigerian lottery.

dont dismay i have just claimend $150million from a kind gentleman from nigeria, some poor sod with my surname died in a plane crash and his money has been sat in the bank ever since,all i have to do is claim to be a relative,

so joe if you want to go halves on the $150 mill just send me the following

1-full name

2, address,

3,occupation,

4, phone numbers,

5 bank account details

and as soon as you have done this i will start working to get you your $$$ :D

today is my lucky day!

Compliments of the day!

I got your contact on my private search for a reliable and trusted person to handle a transaction of this nature. I know that the contents of this mail might sound so strange,

but I want to assure you that every word of it is true.I am Mr.TAKAHASHI Yuichiro, credit officer of the Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd.I have a concealed business suggestion for you.Before the plane crash of macedonian's president and his cabinet members on February 26, 2004 , our client Anita Lozanovska from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,macedonia and also business woman made a numbered fixed deposit for 24 calendar months, with a value of Seventeen Million,Nine Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch.You can visit this

After his death it was also discovered that Anita Lozanovska did not declare any next of kin in her official papers including the paper work of her bank deposit. And she also

confided in me the last time she was at my office that no one except me knew of her deposit in my bank. So, Seventeen Million,Nine Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still

lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it.What bothers me most is that according to the to the laws of my country at the expiration Seven years the funds will revert

to the ownership of the Japan Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.Against this

backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Anita Lozanovska so that you will be able to receive his funds.

WHAT IS TO BE DONE:

I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful.I have contacted an attorney that will prepare the necessary

document that will back you up as the next of kin to Anita Lozanovska ,all that is required from you at this stage is for you to provide me with your full names and address so that

the attorney can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin,the attorney will also file in for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor for the move of the funds to an account that will be provided by you.There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going to adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents.

Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue.Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall share in the ratio

of 60% for me, 35% for you and 5% for any expenses incurred during the course of this operation.Should you be interested please send me your private phone and fax numbers for easy

communication and i will provide you with more details of this operation.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mr.TAKAHASHI Yuichiro.

Archived