PGA Tour and LIV Golf Agree A Merger

BucksRam

Shock, horror, after months of posturing by the PGA, with comments that LIV are ruining the foundations of golf etc etc, it would seem they have done a deal to merge and so end the split. 

Only breaking news at the moment, so no details but will be interesting (well, for me anyway!) to see what's been agreed as part of the deal. Sure money has done the talking somewhere along the line as per. 

It definitely has.

For fans, it's good because it means all players are back under one banner and we don't miss out on the strongest fields regularly. Most of LIV mob ain't great, but I have missed Cam Smith and Brooks Koepka for sure.

That said, those that left got a boat load of money and get to come back scot free... can't see those PGA loyalists being happy.

Saudis will continue their sportswashing and chuck a couple of Billion into the PGA now.

17 hours ago, Srg said:

It definitely has.

For fans, it's good because it means all players are back under one banner and we don't miss out on the strongest fields regularly. Most of LIV mob ain't great, but I have missed Cam Smith and Brooks Koepka for sure.

That said, those that left got a boat load of money and get to come back scot free... can't see those PGA loyalists being happy.

Saudis will continue their sportswashing and chuck a couple of Billion into the PGA now.

Absolutely, plus it opens up the Ryder Cup selection options again I would assume.  The Saudi situation is one to watch - first Newcastle Utd, then LIV Golf and of course the Saudi Pro League, who are chucking literally £billions at "last hurrah" footballers.  Look at the latest Benzama deal where he'll earn circa €200m NET per season, including those nice little commercial deals. Imagine what Messi will be on if he goes.  Is this sustainable?  I do wonder, if like the PGA and LIV Golf merger whether we'll see changes down the line with the Saudi Pro League.  Not necessarily a merger, but TV rights for Sky wouldn't surprise me.  Money makes money.