Football Ryder Cup?

Ramalama

Just sat in the hotel bar listening to that golf thing droning on in the background and I was just wondering why they didn't have a football version of the Ryder cup, a match between the best players in Europe V. the best players in North and South America, or even one step further and have a tournament between the 5 continents.

I don't suppose any of our underperforming prima-donnas would get into a Europe side.

Or would they?

P.S. Sorry if this is in t'wrong section

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just sat in the hotel bar listening to that golf thing droning on in the background and I was just wondering why they didn't have a football version of the Ryder cup, a match between the best players in Europe V. the best players in North and South America, or even one step further and have a tournament between the 5 continents.

I don't suppose any of our underperforming prima-donnas would get into a Europe side.

Or would they?

P.S. Sorry if this is in t'wrong section

this would be called the world cup.........

I'm sure theres been the odd few games of Europe XI Vs Rest Of The World XI

It would be seen as meaningless I think if anything were to happen, in Football we have the biggest tournaments and I don't think we'd get anything to match the World Cup, Euros, Champions League, etc

I don't think a tournament of all-star teams would be very successful.

There is hardly enough time on the footballing calender for an event like this at the moment. And the teams would need time to bond, warm-up and play a few friendlies in preparation.

Super Cup you mean?

Champions league winners v CONCACAF cup winners?

might catch on that.:rolleyes:

Err no, not quite Mr rolleyes, a squad from Brazil and Argentina V a squad from Spain Germany and Italy.

...and Africa would have a half-decent side shirley.

Archived