Keith Gillespie Bankrupt

Hartley Hare

As per the title, just seen news that he's been made bankrupt. I think he's still on the PFA avaliable players list, so he's not playing or earning at the mo'.

Looked a good prospect at one time, but never seemed to make the step up to be a real top class winger. And now all his money's gone - think I read somewhere he'd got a long-time gambling problem, allegedly. When you think of all the money that's passed through his hands during his playing career, and he's now bankrupt - blimey, there must be some people made a heck of a lot of money out of him down the years.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith Gillespie

He has never talked publicly about having a problem. In his Newcastle days the right-winger reportedly amassed a debt of £60,000. Recently, the former Blackburn, Manchester United and Northern Ireland international was named by the Professional Footballers' Association chief, Gordon Taylor, as an individual who can "take things too far and get into serious financial trouble".

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/i-borrowed-16321000-and-lost-it-all-in-three-weeks-473770.html

Got to be careful here but one might say he played one game of snap too many.

Archived