Billy wants Morgan-Smith

Day

Football: Nottingham Forest are thought to be considering a move for England 'C' striker Amari Morgan-Smith, who is available on a free transfer after the demise of Ilkeston Town.

Division One side Carlisle United are also interested in the 21-year-old, who spent a fortnight with Derby County and played 45 minutes in two pre-season friendlies.

Nigel Clough never followed up with a bid but Ilkeston's former chairman, Gary Hodder, turned down a £15,000 offer from Luton Town before the Robins were wound up.

Since then, Morgan-Smith's contract has been declared null and void.

The striker sent a message to Ilkeston fans saying their sorrow is shared by the squad brought together by manager Kevin Wilson.

He added:"We are all a bit upset but there was nothing much the players could do really.

"We did our best for the club and did everything the manager asked. It's a good club and a good set-up.

"I just hope for the best that the club can come back and get into a good league. That's where they deserve to be."

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/football/Forest-showing-Amari-Smith/article-2664521-detail/article.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look, even I was thinking we ought to go for this player, but I thought back to my initial comments on him after seeing him play against Burton.

He looked well short of what we need.

If i was him. i'd accept an offer from Carlisle, if it comes, because if he proves himself there with a regular start, then he'll get his move.

After all, this wouldn't be his first big chance. He's played for league clubs before.

Archived