Where is Clough going wrong, or is he?...

Day

It's Wednesday 15th September, 6 games played and we're in the bottom 3...W1 D1 L4. Not scored in 2 games and we've not kept a clean sheet once.

So what's Clough doing wrong, or is it the players, or a case of lady luck not dropping by yet?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's Wednesday 15th September, 6 games played and we're in the bottom 3...W1 D1 L4. Not scored in 2 games and we've not kept a clean sheet once.

So what's Clough doing wrong, or is it the players, or a case of lady luck not dropping by yet?

I'll have a go

Clough can only do so much with the board selling his best players. Not many managers could or would ! from what i have seen Derby lack someone with drive in their make up. Either on or off the pitch but Derby need a driving force, Clough is not that person so he needs someone in the team or on the sideline who gets the team worked up. A battler who leads by example on the pitch would be best. Savage is not IMO the man to do this.

Only a few things.

Our centre backs are horribly error prone. Yes I know they are lower Championship standard but that's no excuse for consistent schoolboy errors such as failing to mark.

He clearly wasn't good friends with Luke Varney which made him go, leaving no strikers.

He plays Savage every week.

The annoying this is that he is doing everything else right apart from these things. These will cost us a place in the Championship and Nigel's job if they aren't fixed asap.

I'll have a go

Clough can only do so much with the board selling his best players. Not many managers could or would ! from what i have seen Derby lack someone with drive in their make up. Either on or off the pitch but Derby need a driving force, Clough is not that person so he needs someone in the team or on the sideline who gets the team worked up. A battler who leads by example on the pitch would be best. Savage is not IMO the man to do this.

It was Clough decision to sell Hulse, take it thats what you mean by our best players.

Archived