Where is MSD?

IslandExile

Where is MSD in all of this?

I have read the "discussion" between @i-ram, @kevinhectoring and others but I didn't follow it well enough.

Am I right in thinking Mel still owns the stadium? But MSD lent money to both Mel's stadium owning company and to the club itself? So they are one of the creditors?

Their loan on the stadium, if recalled, would that mean they own the stadium?

A stadium with no club to play there is not much use. (Also true for Mel)

Would it be worth it - for them - to cough up yet more money for us to see the season out?

Would they even be interested in taking over the club?

Edited by IslandExile

7 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Where is MSD in all of this?

I have read the "discussion" between @i-ram, @kevinhectoring and others but I didn't follow it well enough.

Am I right in thinking Mel still owns the stadium? But MSD lent money to both Mel's stadium owning company and to the club itself? So they are one of the creditors?

Their loan on the stadium, if recalled, would that mean they own the stadium?

A stadium with no club to play there is not much use. (Also true for Mel)

Would it be worth it - for them - to cough up yet more money for us to see the season out?

Would they even be interested in taking over the club?

Most likely MSD remain more or less comfortable that on a worst case (liquidation) they get principal back plus most of their add ons. So it’s quite possible they are pretty passive and simply watching things unfold. Depends on the numbers. Caveat though is that as time goes on there are more costs and expenses that rank ahead of them so they will want this fixed sooner rather than later 

19 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Most likely MSD remain more or less comfortable that on a worst case (liquidation) they get principal back plus most of their add ons. So it’s quite possible they are pretty passive and simply watching things unfold. Depends on the numbers. Caveat though is that as time goes on there are more costs and expenses that rank ahead of them so they will want this fixed sooner rather than later 

Ah well, it was just a thought borne out of blind fear and desperation. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Ah well, it was just a thought borne out of blind fear and desperation. Thanks.

I didn’t mean to be bleak   You’re right to imply there is a scenario where MSD are pretty much forced to lend more to preserve going concern value. I just don’t think we’re going to come to that precipice now. The main concern I think is that Q should not rush into player sales before this all gets fixed. ( I think it will get fixed )