Derby County v Sheffield United

Day

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We play the same formation as Spain, he's spanish and has played for his country at every level except full senior.

He ought to fit in very well.

Now up the apples and pears to bedfordshire YR.

that isn't the problem though, the spanish league isn't like the championship, it's a lot tougher and somtimes even talented individuals can fail in this type of arena. We don't play the same formation as spain i don't think, i think they play 4-4-2, i know metgod picked it up as holland played 4-2-3-1. Also he doesn't have a proven goalscoring record really, 1 in 20 last seaosn, 14 in 46 for the madrid b team in their 2nd tier, however i've heard it isn't as strong as our second tier. I discount the youth system goals becasue neil mellor was supposed to be the next rush in the youth academy and look at him now

Kris Commons has handed Derby County a significant injury boost ahead of Saturday's home game with Sheffield United.

The attacker completed Monday's training session at Moor Farm and showed no effects of the hamstring niggle that force him to be substituted before the half-time break in Derby's npower Championship draw with Queens Park Rangers on 28 August.

The 27-year-old admitted after the game that he was only replaced as a precautionary measure to avoid long-term damage.

After spending large parts of last season on the sidelines with hamstring problems, Commons immediately withdrew himself from the action against QPR as soon as he felt something was not quite right.

Manager Nigel Clough told dcfc.co.uk: "It's great news Kris is in contention for Sheffield United; it was purely a precautionary measure when he came off against Queens Park Rangers.

"He has worked with the medical team and they are satisfied Kris is ok, and he trained really well yesterday."

Clough also admitted Russell Anderson is unlikely to feature for the reserves on Wednesday at Barnsley.

After a month out of action with a groin strain, Anderson could still be involved against the Blades at Pride Park as a substitute.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2145975,00.html

Archived