Coventry want Marlon King

Day

Coventry City manager Aidy Boothroyd admitted that he invited Marlon King to the Ricoh Arena for City's game against Derby County today.

King who was released from prison a few weeks ago after serving nine months for sexually assaulting a woman, punching her in the face and breaking her nose.

Hee has was also sentenced to an eighteen month prison sentence for receiving stolen goods in 2002.

King also has convictions for a total 14 offences, dating from 1997. He has been fined and given driving bans, been sentenced to do community service. He has also received a rehabilitation order and orders to pay compensation on convictions including theft from a person and from a car, criminal damage, and attempting to obtain property by deception, fraudulent use of vehicle licence document, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving, a wounding incident while playing amateur football, and two cases involving assault of young women.

While on loan at Hull he was alleged to have head butted team mate Dean Windass, but the incident was dealt with internally and Windass later dismissed the incident as "a storm in a teacup".

King's loan spell at Hull ended in controversy when he reacted violently to the news he wouldn't be starting the game against Arsenal and was sent home.

Putting aside King's colourful personal life, he has 18 international caps for Jamaica and during his four year spell at Watford he scored 36 goals in 81 appearances, 21 of them in the promotion season of 2005/6. He missed much of the 2006/7 Premiership season out with injury. He returned after three weeks out with a knee injury only to break down almost immediately and he was sidelined for another six months.

Speaking to BBC Coventry & Warwickshire's Geoff Foster after the match, Boothroyd said: "I invited Marlon and his family here today.

"He is talking to other clubs but if I get a bit of time with him, I'll see where that goes."

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/i_invited_king_to_game__boothroyd_549277/index.shtml

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived