The Colours of The Rams: The shirt colours of Derby County Football Club

loweman2

Just to let you all know that the excellent book the Colours Of The Rams is on offer on Amazon for just £12.97 !

An essential part of the club and the definitive guide to the colours, styles, manufacturers, sponsors etc etc from our roots of 1884 ! 

i am a little biassed but its a great book that you can pick up time and time again and learn something new from !

grab a copy whilst it is on offer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Colours-Rams-colours-County-Football/dp/B099C5LNPR/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=colours+of+the+rams&qid=1628334817&sr=8-1

07A4C274-AD96-49AC-B7CC-6DAF27617035.jpeg

Edited by loweman2

1 minute ago, Mick Harford said:

Seriously, this is a magnificent book if you are a) A Derby fan and/or b) a Kit saddo it brought back so many memories looking at the different shirts and remembering incidents I remember in them, plus the additional information about why and how for shirts is amazing.

Fiver in the post to me now @loweman2?

excellent post@Mick Harford! (cash is on its way !!) jokes aside its deffo worth getting a copy and it hasnt been done as a money making excercise, the three of us make bugger all from it, its just done through a passion for putting our history down into print in a more interesting way !! plus it had never been done before !! cheers to everybody who has already brought a copy !!

Also liked your input into Glove Story 2 with the GK shirts.

Was chatting to Eric Steele about his red top v Plymouth in the week, apparently was a proper GK top although to me still looks like a training top. Also sad to realise that he only has a Brighton shirt in his collection at home, as he's given away his shirts to various charity organisations.

Can you possibly tell me what the  Umbro keepers top was in 1991/92 season? As I cannot remember what I wore for the under 16's in my only ever appearance for an official Derby side! (the other keeper, a good good friend of mine cannot remember either, yet I can remember the Chesterfield and Norwich shirts I wore)

6 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

Also liked your input into Glove Story 2 with the GK shirts.

Was chatting to Eric Steele about his red top v Plymouth in the week, apparently was a proper GK top although to me still looks like a training top. Also sad to realise that he only has a Brighton shirt in his collection at home, as he's given away his shirts to various charity organisations.

Can you possibly tell me what the  Umbro keepers top was in 1991/92 season? As I cannot remember what I wore for the under 16's in my only ever appearance for an official Derby side! (the other keeper, a good good friend of mine cannot remember either, yet I can remember the Chesterfield and Norwich shirts I wore)

Shilton obviously still wore his uhl sport shirt and Martin Taylor and Steve Sutton wore the green Umbro with the black pattern, I think the yellow shirt was the second keeper shirt or that may have been the following season ?

F2F5ECD1-F6DC-4BE4-94D9-9FAB86212331.jpeg

69A51C79-121D-4BAF-805E-40DD505020AD.jpeg

CF914694-9B74-4051-8FF7-AE0497A23CE9.jpeg