Managers shaming players

FindernRam

Discussing his decision, Southgate revealed why the 22-year-old failed to make the squad. 

"I don't think he's played at the level he found in the last couple of years but I think he's getting very close to that now," 

I hope Southgate knows what he has done; I mean giving a reason for why he has omitted Trent, should have kept on in house surely ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Discussing his decision, Southgate revealed why the 22-year-old failed to make the squad. 

"I don't think he's played at the level he found in the last couple of years but I think he's getting very close to that now," 

I hope Southgate knows what he has done; I mean giving a reason for why he has omitted Trent, should have kept on in house surely ?

That isn't shaming the player though, and you have no idea as to why the player was performing below his previous standards, it's unlikely you have any real knowledge of where the player has been played or what role he's been given in the team during the period he's not been performing.

An international manager has no say on how a club plays their players anyway.

People who are critical of Rooney's 'treatment' of Sibley are mainly basing it on what they've seen Sibley do before, where and how he did it, what system suits him and how often he's had opportunities to perform to the best of his ability under the manager demanding more of him yet constantly playing him out of position.

Archived