Savage!: The Robbie Savage Autobiography

Day

I do think Jewell and Pearson have alot to answer for with the players that they sold, they never should of sold Earnshaw,Oakley and Dave Jones to name a few.

Earnshaw had a bad attitude. Oakley wanted to go. Dave Jones was a great player, our only creative playmaker (this was before Commons) and he shouldn't have gone.

The crime Jewell did was destroy what was little left of the players' confidence. He and Billy Davies both had an equal role in destroying this club.

I'm not surprised to read how Savage must have felt. Shamefully I admit to booing him at the start of that Southampton game when his name was read out on the tannoy. I regret that now.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What jewell should ahve done is gave him a leave of absence and talk to him and say you do have a future here, if you do well in training ect i will put you back in, we all make mistakes sav ect. Instead he left him foundering and bereft of confidence and hope, for a manager this is inexscusable behaviour.

What jewell should ahve done is gave him a leave of absence and talk to him and say you do have a future here, if you do well in training ect i will put you back in, we all make mistakes sav ect. Instead he left him foundering and bereft of confidence and hope, for a manager this is inexscusable behaviour.

Yes it is. It's easy to forget footballers are humans are players too.

Got it :)

Bloody hell !! was hard work, got to P.P. was in the queue for over an hour then to be told book had sold out grrrr legged it into town, got book - only 70 copies left there as well (waterstones) legged it back to p.p. begged to be let back in the queue luckily they let me as they know me, me and my mum were last 2 let in, had a little chat with him - lovely - dead happy - legend !! yes i know i paid £17.99 but i don't care it was worth it !

:D

http://i33.tinypic.com/2igefyg :D

oops sorry pic a bit big

Archived