New Premiership Squad rules benefits Championship sides?

Bingy

I was sat in bed thinking (yes Trig thinking) about the new squad rules for the Premiership in that they have to have a squad of 25 players (8 home grown).

The players outside of this will be unable to play, so will be a good option for a half season loan.

As long as there is some fee and a contribution to the weekly wage then it works out well for the Premiership Club.

For the player he gets to play and either try and get himself back into the Premiership side or gain a new contract elsewhere.

The Championship side gets a bit of quality busting a gut (as above) to make an impession.

And if you are Derby and the player comes from outside the top 7 he'll fall in love with the fans and backing they'll get and insist on taking a pay cut to stay with us......I may have fallen asleep at this bit.

But in all seriousness I reckon you will get very good quality players going on loan for fitness e.g. Jonathan Woodgate from Spurs

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your wasting your time on this lot, just saying the word loan brings them out with the Clough and board out mumbo jumbo. I personally agree with what your saying, I would rather see us loan a Premiership player out to prove himself than wasting money on panic buys (Luke Varney).

Surely the reserve teams and academies of the Premiership teams are just going to end up with foreigners who are rejects of the first team squad.

The academies of Arsenal and Liverpool are already full of foreign players.

Or the foreign players will just go back to Spain etc to become La Liga squad players.

It'd be nice if there were more opportunities to loan players like Barazite but I don't think it'll happen. These lads won't want to be in England to play in the second and third tiers so they'll probably go back to Spain.

I were thinking the same bingy, I think your right!:D

Maybe thats why Forest bideing their time with signings, September?, be just ripe for the heavy Xmas and New Year games Lovely:D

Teams that are clever enough to keep small squads could benefit BIG TIME

Maybe we have underestimated the AP

Archived