Arsenal Reserves disbanded & Sunu

Day

Gilles Sunu is ready to follow compatriot Francis Coquelin back to France for the coming season, with the rapid forward eying a second loan spell. The former Châteauroux prospect signed a new two-year-contract at the end of last season, following a short spell with Derby County in the Championship.

Sunu’s development has been ramped up in the last 12 months, with a Carling Cup start and a appearance in the Champions League all key in building the promising Frenchman’s experience. In February he joined Derby County on loan and impressed, with one goal and a bag full of assists in nine matches before injury.

Speaking to FootMercato.net, the 19-year-old revealed the advice given to him by Arsene Wenger before making the switch to the Rams.

“He said he’d fit me in more with the first team for future matches but at my age most important thing is to play every week. And if it is not possible this year with Arsenal, I prefer to go on loan.â€Â

With the news yesterday that the Reserves has been disbanded, those ineligible for Under 18 football will either need to step up to the first-team or go on loan. The former is the first priority, but the route Francis Coquelin has already taken this year, going on loan in Ligue One, is a viable option.

“If Arsenal want to count on me, my main goal is to have more playing time at the club. Otherwise, I leave on loan again, but this time in France, a bit like the situation with Francis Coquelin. My priority is to return to France.â€Â

Gilles has been linked with Bordeaux and Sochaux in the French media, with his future poised to be agreed upon his return from the UEFA Under 19 European Championships later this month.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/07/sunu-prepared-to-follow-coquelin-back-to-france/

----------------------------------------------------------------

Boycie will be dissapointed with this, although what's surprising and interesting is that Wenger has got rid of Arsenal's reserves. I know loan signings are a pain in the arse but there should be a few ones to be had from Arsenal this season.

Take your pick

http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players

Henri Lansbury would be a decent loan signing to boost our midfield.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still sounds like a few might be shipped out on loan with recall options I guess if needed, no point in having them sat around on there arses waiting for a cup game to come round.

Archived