One year ago today....

Andicis

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That seems to be a slightly 'sanitised' version? Where's all the shots of the lads doing the Bielsa spying? Plus there's one with L**ds fans singing to Frankie? Although of course every version is magnificent! ?

Good point! My limited googling skills the only excuse. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and a mate watched this at Pride Park when they had the £5 entry and a free drink offer. Considering I live just around the corner from the stadium I thought duck it, let's see what happens. There was a good crowd of people in the Pedigree suite too. 2 nil down, we were thinking nah bugger it, no chance of a turnaround here. Keep the score respectable. Marriott scoring after 30 seconds of coming on, right before the end of the half. 2-1 and half time beer certainly made me perk up. That second half was incredible.

Once Mount bagged that equaliser, I knew it was ours (the number of beers helped my confidence). Leeds looked absolutely gassed. Emotionally spent as well as physically. When the winner went in, I haven't heard a roar quite like it. There was a tear running down my face in joy of seeing Leeds fans starting to sob into their crappy scarves. Everyone associated with that club booked their Wembley final before the ball was kicked, such was their arrogance. It was some satisfaction. Even my partner let me off for being hammered on a school night.

I was on a family holiday, watching in a pub in Greece. Had seen a couple of Rams shirt wearers on the beach that morning, which is always nice to bump into someone you can talk sport with for 5 minutes.

In the pub I was enjoying watching the faces of a table full of Leeds fans obviously on holiday, as they slowly realised it wasn't going to be their season once again.

Archived