England v Algeria

Day

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-5-1. Flood the midfield then we won't give the ball away as much.

Put Defoe alone up front. He's energetic, active, fast and capable of getting a good first touch.

The problem is in the final third. It relies too much on Rooney and he just isn't up for it. We also lack players who can deliver adequate balls into the eighteen yard box.

I'm very disappointed tonight but I'm going to try and be positive for Wednesday.

We shouldn't have booed the players. We've learnt from that from the affect it had on Derby. Wayne was right to be angry at the end.

Everyone is trying their best. We just need some adjustments. Save Wayne for the knock out rounds. He'll be annoyed but he knows just as well as the entire population of England knows that he just isn't looking right.

until we get an English coach/manager back in charge i'm afraid i feel absolutely no affinity with the team whatsoever...they're just so lethargic and lacklustre lacking any motivation or passion and its been like that for over a decade. Euro 96 was the last time i felt any decent buzz.

I look at Germany and Argentina and wish i was supporting them nearly because they quite clearly have harmony going on with the coach and team.

agree totally...i was shoutin it from the roof tops before a ball even been kicked this world cup that Joe Cole should be in the starting XI! He was our most dangerous creative player at the last world cup. We just haven't got enough like him in this squad....we need a coach with the balls to pick players who can take opponents on rather than picking the same old same old stale *****...Adam Johnson i'd have taken to South Africa as well, look at the youngsters Germany have got in their team, one of em

not even u21 experience first so it shows what you can do by taking the bull by the horns.

We've gone backwards from even when Sven was in charge in my eyes.

depends when you're doing it though Joe surely? During the game i agree its a negative impact but after the game, if the performance has been substandard then they're entitled to voice their displeasure...after all its us poor bleeders who help pay their wages!

Tonights performance sums up why I never get excited over World Cups and European Championships. For whatever reason the players cannot carry there club form into international football, is it quite simply the likes of Terry, Gerrard and Lampard are not actually "world class" players we are led to believe?

Is the Premiership the best league in the world or is it just the most hyped up league in the world? Stoke City, Wolves, Birmingham, Wigan, Blackburn and even Blackpool now ffs.

England in all honesty are one of the most boring teams I've seen so far in the World Cup, yes we can all sit here and say Capello should of played him there, brought him on, stuck him out there but let's face it Capello's football and tactical knowledge is far superior than all of us put together.

You can sense the media already getting on his back as well but is it Capello's fault the 10 outfield players can't kick a ball to each other? the passing from England tonight was woeful, in fact it was utter ***** and I reckon Derby could of ouplayed them tonight.

Whatever the problem is it's down to the players, not just this set of players but for the last 28 years at least, soon as they stick on the England shirt they change, maybe its time to dress them up as bananas or clowns out there as the 3 lions doesnt seem to be working.

got up at 0400hrs to watch what i can only describe as a gold coast utd performance.(before u say owt davey boy it was that bad!)

the only highlight for me was emile heskey,+and james

lamps ,gerrard ,wright phillips, etc etc were sh1te,

then gerrard has the gaul to come out with stupid statements like this-

We have to give them credit. This was their World Cup final."

you have to give every opponent credit you feckin thick stupid scouse cnut,get down off yer pedestal because youve all been found out now!

yes thats right your all pretensious overpaid cretins with ego,s as big as daveyboys midrift!

algeria have every right to be at the world cup, they have done the hard work in the 2 years leading up to it,

does gerrard and co REALLY think that they have a divine right to be at the world cup? wake up and smell the coffee.

the nation pins its hopes on assholes like you .40,000 english fans saved like mad for months and months to watch you play like long eaton utd

hope its your last england game ever!

ps im so glad conmans banged yer mrs too!

good on yer fat lad!

Archived