UFC 249

Gap tooth ram

UFC 249 this weekend.  Stacked card including the prelim's. With no fans it'll be weird, something like the TUF series level of noise, but really looking forward to it.  Just hope all the necessary safety measures work and it don't come back to bite them on the backside.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Gap tooth ram said:

UFC 249 this weekend.  Stacked card including the prelim's. With no fans it'll be weird, something like the TUF series level of noise, but really looking forward to it.  Just hope all the necessary safety measures work and it don't come back to bite them on the backside.

One of if not the best card I've seen them put on. I think Ferguson will beat Gaethje without too much trouble, Cowboy has fallen a long way to be fighting on the prelims.. I think Cejudo could very well be beaten by Dominic Cruz.

Can't wait.. With the sport out for so long, I don't think I've been so excited for an event in a while.

And what a card. Top to bottom is filled with great fights.

I got

Gaethje def Ferguson

Cejudo def Cruz (although I want the latter to win)

NGannou def Rozenstruik

Stephens def Kattar

De Castro def Hardy

Also Pettis, Werdum, Souza and Niko Price to win on the undercard

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Can't wait.. With the sport out for so long, I don't think I've been so excited for an event in a while.

And what a card. Top to bottom is filled with great fights.

I got

Gaethje def Ferguson

Cejudo def Cruz (although I want the latter to win)

NGannou def Rozenstruik

Stephens def Kattar

De Castro def Hardy

Also Pettis, Werdum, Souza and Niko Price to win on the undercard

I agree with every prediction, even the comment on Cruz!

14 hours ago, Gap tooth ram said:

I agree with every prediction, even the comment on Cruz!

For some reason I never side with Ferguson. He gets clipped in most fights and taken a huge amount of punishment over the years..

Losing v Vanetta, Kevin Lee, got wobbled against Cerrone and Pettis.

Think it'll be a close one but can see him losing.

I even made a bet with a friend years ago that Justin G would beat Khabib..

9 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

For some reason I never side with Ferguson. He gets clipped in most fights and taken a huge amount of punishment over the years..

Losing v Vanetta, Kevin Lee, got wobbled against Cerrone and Pettis.

Think it'll be a close one but can see him losing.

I even made a bet with a friend years ago that Justin G would beat Khabib..

I think if the fight had happened 3 weeks ago as originally planned, Ferguson would have had the edge but with the extra prep I think he may come unstuck via stoppage in the championship rounds.

Can't stand Cejudo. A poor man's McGregor. Runs his mouth with his "Triple C" talk and trash talking anyone that will listen.  Fair play to his achievements but a real bantamweight finishes him.  Cruz in his prime would have schooled him, but he's just had too long a lay off.

Ngannou's fight could be blink and you miss it, but I thought the same thing with the Lewis fight and that turned out to be snooze fest.

One things for sure, there ain't a bad fight on the card.

I quite like the "Triple C" gimmick (which is what it is really) quite amusing ?

Pretty tongue in cheek and gets the fans talking about his fights.. Which is something Demetrious Johnson never achieved.

And he is pretty accomplished, at least arguably true that he's the greatest combat athelete ever, no?

Some incredible fights. The best I've ever seen Gaethje, Tony got mauled for 5 rounds, it was a good stoppage from Herb Dean. Cruz could have kept fighting vs Cejudo, he was getting up with 2 seconds left in the round. Bryce Mitchell was incredible. Ngannou has scary amounts of power. Kattar's elbows were straight out of hell. Price Luque was an absolute war too. Really enjoyable event.

Archived