Who would be in your World Cup Squad?

Day

I guess we may aswell try and look forward to the World Cup and the predictable disappointment. What would your 23 be to take to South Africa?

James

Hart

Robinson

Cole

Baines

Terry

Ferdinand

Dawson

Lescott

Richards

G Johnson

A Johnson

J Cole

Gerrard

Lampard

Carrick

Barry

A Young

Wright-Phillips

Milner

Rooney

Defoe

Crouch

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Johnson, winger at Man City he's left footed and played on the left at Boro although Mancini has stuck him on the right for some reason. Anyhow he can solve the problem we've had for years down the left.

I think your wasting your time with 4 strikers with the midfielders we have. 4-5-1 seems to be used more and more these days, use Gerrard in the hole (oooh err) behind Rooney seems the obvious choice to me. You then have Defoe and Crouch giving you 2 different options if needed. Heskey has had his day now and Rooney can do the same holding up job with the added bonus he can finish aswell. Also apart from pace which we have in SWP, Johnson, Walcott what does Agbonlahor offer us? 13 goals all season for a regular Villa first team starter is pretty poor with the pace he has.

Your stats are inaccurate Vicky

Hardly up there with Watergate!

My squad would be;

Hart

James

Robinson

G. Johnson

W. Brown

King

Terry

Dawson

Ferdinand

A. Cole

Warnock

Milner

Huddlestone

Gerrard

Lampard

Young

A.Johnson

Barry

Lennon

Rooney

Bent

Defoe

Crouch

Ledley king must go to South africa.He is better than ferdinand,and hes played more games this season than ferdinand.Joe cole must go too.im not sure about walcott,wright phillips is a big no.Regarding goalkeepers,the squad must contain 3.

Ledley king must go to South africa.He is better than ferdinand,and hes played more games this season than ferdinand.Joe cole must go too.im not sure about walcott,wright phillips is a big no.Regarding goalkeepers,the squad must contain 3.

See for me, Coles fitness is a bit of a worry. And if Walcott could bring his best form, then take him but if not, leave him

Archived