Shrewsbury sack Paul Simpson

Day

Shrewsbury Town manager Paul Simpson has left the club following a disappointing season in League Two.

Simpson joined Town in March 2008, following the departure of Gary Peters and his first job was to steer the club clear of the relegation zone.

Last season he led the Shrews to the play-off final at Wembley where they lost 1-0 to Gillingham.

But fans became frustrated after Town's chances of reaching the play-offs this time round faded.

Shrewsbury play Morecambe in their last home game of the season at the Prostar Stadium on Saturday - as they sit five points behind the play-offs with two games left.

Simpson told the club website: "It is obviously a big wrench to be leaving Shrewsbury Town but I am very proud to have managed the club and to have led them out at Wembley in a play-off final.

"I would like to offer my sincere thanks to all of my staff and players for their professionalism throughout my time at the club.

"Finally I would like to thank the fans for their support and to wish everyone connected with the club success in the future."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/shrewsbury/8653604.stm

===================================================

Was the reserves defeat yesterday to our first team the final straw? :D

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say he was that ***** at Shrewsbury, first season helped them avoid relegation, second season got to the play off final, this season went backwards abit although can still finish in the top 10 and he gets sacked.

Archived