Marcus Olsson

FindernRam

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, 86 points said:

Sorry bud but a fit Fozzy is in a different league to Olsson! When right, Fozzy is a top 5 FB in the div, but as you say, that's not been terribly often in recent years. 

Clearly i'm in the minority in this opinion but i disagree. In the 2013/14 season and for a couple years after i think that could be argued, but for me the leagues got better and he's still the same standard (perhaps inhibited by his frequent injuries). I know its one game but i still have nightmares about his performance against Sunderland last year?. A good player and servant to the club, but no where near top 5 left backs in the league for sometime now. 

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Clearly i'm in the minority in this opinion but i disagree. In the 2013/14 season and for a couple years after i think that could be argued, but for me the leagues got better and he's still the same standard (perhaps inhibited by his frequent injuries). I know its one game but i still have nightmares about his performance against Sunderland last year?. A good player and servant to the club, but no where near top 5 left backs in the league for sometime now. 

OK bud, that's fair enough. It's all about opinions as they say. For a point of reference though, look at his most recent games, those immediately before the current injury . He was (and yes, it's just my opinion) very much getting close to the Fozzy of old and we looked a better team for it. He was defending strongly. linking play well and his assist rate at the time (unless I've imagined it) was the highest in the entire squad. Some of his crossing was blooming laser-guided and how we've missed that since!

I'm also not sure about the league having got better. The a fully staffed 13/14 team (including Fozzy) would smash this league IMO. The current team put 4 past the Norwich in their own backyard, after all.

Archived