Billy's preparing for life without Majewski

Day

BILLY Davies today revealed that the terms of Raddy Majewski's loan deal will allow him to feature in the play-offs for Nottingham Forest.

But he might not be able to utilise the Pole in the season finale – because he fears for his mental state if a permanent deal for him is not secured.

Reds boss Davies had hoped an agreement could be reached with the player and his representatives weeks ago, with a fee already having been set with Polonia Warsaw in the summer.

But the situation has not yet been resolved and Davies said he would carefully monitor the player's mindset over the coming weeks.

"As far as I am aware, the deal does allow him to play. I am not aware of there being any other situation," said Davies.

"But I will pick whatever side I have available. He might be a key player for us and he might not be.

"He might not be a key player if we do not sort his contract out. I need to start preparing for a situation where we might not have Raddy.

"I am not only looking at fitness and form, I am looking at the mental side of things.

"This is now time to understand that, when you get to the play-offs, it is not just another league match, it is time for another mentality. It is time for a mental strength to come to the fore."

Davies says he will alter his own approach to ensure all his players are mentally, as well as physically prepared, for the season finale.

"I will change my whole thought process in the week running up to the games, I will change our whole approach, I will shake a few people up," he said.

"That is why when we bring in the likes of Adebola, McGoldrick, Garner and Lynch. It is to make sure that they are all fit when it counts.

"I have had one or two choice words at the end of the game for the players because they have to realise that we can't just flip a switch when we go into the play-offs in a few weeks time, we have to start preparing for them now."

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/football/Davies-questions-use-Majewski-play-offs/article-2034755-detail/article.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why he is unsettled, playing on loan at a club that's 3rd in the Championship with a chance of promotion, ok the managers abit of a tit but he'l be gone soon enough.

If Forest don't sign him he's impressed enough for another club to come in for him when he's loans up.

Why Forest haven't signed him yet is a tad confusing, they have agreed the fee already set, so it's either the AP are putting the blocks on it due to the transfer fee or they can't agree terms with the player, Is he asking for too much money?

If it is down to Pleat and his merry men I can see a huge bust up and Billy throwing his toys out the Forest pram for the last time.

Fantastic little player, although i fear his talents will take him further than the likes of Nottingham Forest. Mark my words he'll be playing at somewhere **** like Fulham next year. Such a shame if we don't sign him up permanently.

Billy is just talking bull to the press because he loves hearing himself talk...

Majewski has said on his blog that all the issues have been worked out, and he is now well on track to sign, and that he is happy to be staying in Nottingham.

It's just billy being billy

Archived