Derby County v Crystal Palace

Day

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Erm he never took him off, because we have no reserve goalie.

And before you say "But Deeney was on the bench!" read the line above again slowly!;)

Hucknall Town released him two seasons ago for being rubbish. I right cocky fecker, who just walked around saying I am only using this club as a shop window. Got soooooo much stick when we signed him.

It seems to me nigel can't seem to handle a tactical change from away teams, if you noted 1st half palace had 4 def and 6 reconised midfielders. We looked fine because they had no attackers. They bring on Stern John, they have a outlet, and derby failed to react. We never got a plan B. Again nigel brings on the wrong subs. Having croft on the bench why bring a left footed winger/forward on who can't play right wing. Could of even broungt Sunu. Also he having foot op on Monday, what was he going to gain or learn from bringing him on? should of only been a replacement if porter got inj. Not to sure bout David Martin, he made himself yard a space a few times, but I can't think of any crosses to note from open play, all his crosses came corners or free kicks. But it's is frist game, time is on his side. It really looked that savage was nackered, not saying his legs have gone and this the end of him but it did look that playing something like 90-95% total amont of playing time for the whole season has caught up with him.Green was trying to do the work of two because of this.

i think first half we looked ok, not brilliant. i mean apart from the goal i dont remember to many chances that we created. and what hucknall said was right barker and anderson lapped up all the headers first half as they didnt have an attacking outlet

second half i think palace made us look an average side when they changed the team around. we couldnt change our tactics to cope. i dont think it would of been to bad, but it seemed like we were playing for the 1-0win from half time. the team seems to be have been infected with a sense of negative tactics and getting draws is acceptable, even if we were 1-0up for majority of the game.

savage seemed to be about the only player who couldnt find a pass at times yesterday, second half nearly everyone else had the same problem. i think his days should be numbered but they wont be and he will still play 90% of games next season

apart from that had a lovely day in the confines of a directors box. champagne, red wine, white wine and beer. just about made the game bearable. also met roger davies, rob hulse and jake buxton before the match.

Archived