Championship or Premier League?

Day

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion you should always strive to be at the top of whatever profession,sport, or whatever else that you are involved in. In regards to the Rams that means reaching the Premier League.

As some have said, being competitive week in and week out in the Championship and essentially always going into a match with the thinking that the 3 points is there for the taking is a good feeling no doubt.Also, i do feel the Championship just has a more community feel to it if you will versus the Prem where most fans,especially of the bigger teams, are straight on the bandwagon no doubt.

With this being said,I do want us in the Prem in order to attract some real quality players,compete for Europe, and even spread our image and brand more than it is now.

Will it happen this season? I think we have a pretty solid chance no question but if it doesn't happen then go again next season;we will get there under our current leadership of that I have the utmost faith.

At the end of the day, what really matters is how much you enjoy watching your team play regardless of what league their in.

I'd like Derby to win a domestic trophy in my lifetime. FA Cup, League Cup, Premier League, I wouldn't mind which one. This league is a so unpredictable and competitive and I've mostly enjoyed it (minus Phil Brown). I think it's time we had another crack at the big league. I've never understood why the middle table teams in the Premier League don't try harder to win a domestic cup. Because realistically, what are you trying to achieve? Premier League survival every season? Must be boring as a supporter. Surely you want to try and win something? The only reason why teams prioritise the league is because most owners want more money to satisfy their bank accounts. They don't invest most of the prize fund back into the club. That's the big issue with the Premier League, it's bank balances over team glory. Remember Wigan winning the FA Cup followed by relegation? If Derby won the FA Cup, I couldn't care less if we went down. I'll remember that cup win until the day I die, I'd forget the relegation ever happened.

So even though I can't stand the way the Premier League works, it's the only way I'll see my team really win something.       

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Premier league anyday, get to see better players play for the club because we would have more money. A poor Burnley side finished 7th in the premier league last season so it wouldn’t be as daunting as some would think, providing the money was spent properly.

If they finished 7th, what was poor about them? 

Archived