Thorne, Butterfield, Pearce & Anya “massive contribution” to the U23s

Day

On 03/12/2018 at 09:30, Smyth_18 said:

Getting stronger in many senses but his legs are a state. As you would expect from the injuries he has had.

Cheers. I remember when he had the leg break he talked about getting an infection in the leg that put him back months. Suspect that sort of thing is worse than the break itself.

He will value the facilities at Moor Farm in terms of it having everything possible to rebuild fitness. But it looks as if he has to go away on loan and prove himself if he's to put on a Rams shirt again. It's such a frustratingly long road back, especially when a football career is so short. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a strange one to say his legs are shot and he won't play at this level again. Especially as he is cutting the mustard for 90 minutes at a time with the U23's.

I am not suggesting the skill levels are there at this level within the team, but surely the fitness is and Thorne is certainly holding his own.

Might not be as quick as he once was but he is knocking the ball around the pitch with aplomb AKA Huddlestone.

Maybe I see it differently and although he might not last a season he would be a great back up.

Archived