Derby County v Leicester City

CumbrianRam

Well that was a 0-0 like i predicted, ruined by an own goal.:p

The Foxes don't like Oakley do they, he seemed to work well in the midfield, i'd have him back.

Can't say much else about the game really as it was piss poor, Barker did well, Leacock just belts it up field with out even looking, but also had a few good runs forward, out pacing the 40 year old defender. But was limping straight after that atempt I saw.

Was very quiet for a so called derby game, couldn't really give a ***** about Leicester.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did for the rest of the game - great fun :D

Sav not happy with their fans either - but prasing ours

The 35-year-old enjoyed five productive years with the Foxes between 1997 and 2002, but his success during that spell appears to have been quickly forgotten.

Savage was part of a squad which appeared in two League Cup finals and cemented itself as a Premier League force to be reckoned with.

He believes he deserves greater respect for the role he played during a memorable era for the club - and has blasted those supporters who feel the need to jeer him.

Savage said: "It's disappointing, but I don't really care. It just proves that some fans can be fickle.

"I was one of their all-time best players and played in one of their best midfields ever.

"Me, Muzzy (Izzet) and Neil Lennon were the best midfield the club has ever had.

"When I went back to the Walkers Stadium, I got booed there as well.

"All credit to the Derby fans who gave Steve Howard and Matt Oakley such a great reception.

"They deserved it because they were great stalwarts for this club.

"It just proves the difference between the two sets of fans."

Stephen Bywater and Chris Porter have been named in the Coca-Cola Championship Team of the Week.

Both players played instrumental roles in Derby's 1-0 victory over East Midlands neighbours Leicester City at Pride Park on Saturday.

Bywater - in the Team of the Week for the second week in a row - kept his second clean sheet in his last three matches with another commanding display between the posts.

Porter meanwhile put a solid shift in up front and was close to adding to his three goals this season on a number of occasions.

The Press Association produces the Team of the Week for the Football League website - featuring the eleven top performing players from each division from the weekend's matches.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2009195,00.html

Savage just rang into radio derby from Nando's in Birmingham - he's getting ready to watch the forest game then go on the late show - he rang in to praise our fans for what they did on saturday and to please keep it up and stick with them for next season, and praising how well Buxton and Barker have done this season.

Im told that the lester fans booed Oakley after he applauded the Derby fans.What a bunch of tosspots.I wasnt at the game as I was playing Darts in Bedford.

They did, went mental.. because he clapped us and not them... the team he plays for... was ****** ace to see!

Archived