Bees vs Wasps

Wolfie

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A couple of years a mate told me about a particular type of toadstool/mushroom fungus that infects an ants brain and tells it to carry it to a type of tree that it likes to allow easier growth.  The ant doesn't know this however and believes it is choosing the tree independently.  Eventually the fungus destroys the ant's brain and it dies.   I was quite horrified when I heard this, as can only assume a similar thing is happening in Nottingham with people heading to the pit of misery that is the City ground on a Saturday.  Do we try and find an antidote or leave them too it for risk of infecting ourselves.

That’s the zombie ant. Not a bad description of a gump. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A couple of years a mate told me about a particular type of toadstool/mushroom fungus that infects an ants brain and tells it to carry it to a type of tree that it likes to allow easier growth.  The ant doesn't know this however and believes it is choosing the tree independently.  Eventually the fungus destroys the ant's brain and it dies.   I was quite horrified when I heard this, as can only assume a similar thing is happening in Nottingham with people heading to the pit of misery that is the City ground on a Saturday.  Do we try and find an antidote or leave them too it for risk of infecting ourselves.

Pity we can't give some of our away fans a good sniff of that fungus.

I'm allergic to wasp stings, swell up like a rugby ball, i've trained myself not to antagonise them tho, just make a beeline for the nearest safe haven, ie a different room or something. Through the summer we've had 'em fly in from two houses down to drink from our birdbath, then fly off again two houses down. We have a healthy but uncomfortable respect for each other. 

Archived