Eric Steele on Radio Derby today

Day

I think that David's right - we don't know how good we have it in comparison to other BBC and independent stations.  But all that shows is how low the bar is.

When he was a player I watched a lot of Ramage. Of all the hundreds of Rams players I've watched he has always stuck in my mind as being the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen.  He had the basic ability to make a really good top level footballer and through sheer laziness (and some misfortune with injury) fell well short of what he could have been. He was a flat track bully.  He brings the same approach to his punditry - he has no clear footballing views of his own (ratting is not a view), is inarticulate and can't think quickly enough to analyse the game that's in front of him, or even later on a Monday night.  If Dave of Mickleover (or whoever) gets his way and Rammer becomes our manager, God will be the only one who could help us.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I think that David's right - we don't know how good we have it in comparison to other BBC and independent stations.  But all that shows is how low the bar is.

When he was a player I watched a lot of Ramage. Of all the hundreds of Rams players I've watched he has always stuck in my mind as being the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen.  He had the basic ability to make a really good top level footballer and through sheer laziness (and some misfortune with injury) fell well short of what he could have been. He was a flat track bully.  He brings the same approach to his punditry - he has no clear footballing views of his own (ratting is not a view), is inarticulate and can't think quickly enough to analyse the game that's in front of him, or even later on a Monday night.  If Dave of Mickleover (or whoever) gets his way and Rammer becomes our manager, God will be the only one who could help us.

Spot on

Archived