Chris Riggott - Middlesbrough

Dangerous

Heard a rumour from a mate who knows Riggott.Reckons Derby have been trying to get him on loan,maybe joining on a free at the end of the season.I mentioned this to mceverley in the pub on wednesday and he claimed to have spoke to riggott after tuesdays game but riggott never mentioned it.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, surely he'd be on a hefty wage still? if it was to happen it would probably see Anderson not given an extension.

Oh and its McEveley, dunna worry Vicky can't spell it either even tho she goes to every game and sees it written on the back of his shirt :D

30k wow, he'd have to take around a 60% pay cut and that would still make him a top earner. Can't see it personally, what with this injury track record, I doubt Clough will want to go for another sicknote. I reckon a Prem club would take a chance on him and offer him more money.

WOW

Riggott on £30 K a week, really ???

According to the Boro website he has played a total of 144 time for them (incl a spell on loan at Stoke)

I have no idea how you know he is on £30 K a week and for how long he has been on that figure but if its correct and he has been on that since he started there thats about what 6 1/2 years

Christ, this can't be right that's about £10 Million.

For 144 games thats about £70 K a game

This is not a dig at Riggott at all but if you take into account how many other players are dragging a similar amount of money whilst injured is it any wonder clubs are screwing themselves.

And they wonder why the game of football is going to Hell

£30k?

serious? id doubt it would be that much, but with current player wages you never bloomin know

and this rumor comes back every 4/5months, but still, im not sure how i feel about this, id love to see him back, but could he still do a job for us? the second part is all i care about

didnt he say years back that he doubted whether he would ever come back here? im sure he did, but never mind, and he especially wont on them wages, which we would point blank refuse to pay!

Archived