Planning for an embargo?

StarterForTen

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Players who were good at hoofball. The skilful ones had already been sold.

i dispise the word... interesting that following ticky tacker football, any Derby fan who uses the term hoofball has short memories if you ask me.

Every Drby team i saw in the 80s, 90s, and probably every team (before Nigel Cloughs brief stint using a so called attractive style when Bueno was here and we had Kuqi onloan) has been considerbly more Hoofball as you put it than Rowett.

Rowett saw how we played when at Birmingham and the so called attractive football you speak of, dominated possion and territory but was often slow and allowed well organised teams to defend it easily whilst hitting us on the counter attack and as a result looked more dangerous than ourselves with little of the ball. I lose count how many games in the latter mcClaren years where we had 0 shots on target over 45 mins of football. Frankly it bored me.

Huddlestone and others ability to switch the play and play a longer pass into space was not hoofball. We may not have had as larger possesion stats as you like, but we won a lot more games 3-0 than any other manager has manged for years.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Herdwick Ram said:

Please, will everyone just give this a rest !

DCFC will already know what their next declaration will be, and they will already be planning ahead 2 or 3 + years in advance.

Why can't we just give them a bit of credit, and enjoy all the positivity that's around ... let's concentrate on supporting the Rams rather than worrying about things  ?

I for one am really looking forward to the season ahead ... COYR !

Here here

8 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Just a theory, but wondered if our extensive recruitment activity this summer is actually pre-planning for failing to meet FFP requirements and facing a transfer embargo next year?

Bringing in so many new players - particularly younger ones - means we are giving ourselves the best chance of a creating a promotion-winning team this season but, if it doesn't quite come off and we get a transfer ban as an EFL club, our squad is sorted for next season too.

And with so many of our 'unwanteds' going out of contract next summer, the problem resolves itself in time for 2020.

giphy.gif

Archived