Flexible mid field

FindernRam

The midfield needs to be flexible when we have the ball to a certain degree, Bryson seemed to drop deep a lot to pick the ball up, in this situation there is no point in Ledley also being there, he should move into the space vacated by Bryson, similar to if Mount dropped deep.

However, the issue was that after Bryson dropped deep and Ledley advanced, Bryson then advanced leaving us open. Whoever is playing CDM should advance when a CAM comes deep, this should then create angles and better passing opportunities, but the CDM should always be ready to drop back in as soon as the CAM advances, either that or the CAM stays deep until the attack has ended.

I think this will get better in time, players will learn when to stay and when to go so that even though its flexible there is also a structure to it. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched this the other day (you can skip a bit to the tactical stuff, I think we're all familiar with his stats by now) and couldn't help but think he's trying to emulate these systems with Mount in his role. 

What we did at Reading was some way off but how it looked like we set-up matched, it was just players lack of familiarity with the roles which really shone through. 

Archived