iPhone download speeds miles behind android

Carl Sagan

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Oops! That'll teach me to read the thread. Here's an android 4G speedtest just now:

Screenshot_20180724-223522.thumb.png.e0d5c7a8acfeeefc2afa1419f60856a6.png

The point is they didn't sample at all. They just took the raw data and as there is a big Apple herd in America it's a big number. But the measured speed would only be fractionally more accurate than that for the S9. And both speeds would be extremely accurate given such a large number of results. iphones appear genuinely significantly slower. 

Impressive speeds, central London though isn’t it? 

I’ve had an S9 recently, it died twice and was sent back to be repaired, been given a refund now but when it worked, it was not significantly faster than my iPhone X. Browsing, downloading apps were like for like, you would be hard pushed to notice a difference.

Same with the Pixel, another nightmare. Sold it on eBay to end up in a resolution centre as the buyer claimed it was faulty due to the blue tint on tilt. I still have an ongoing issue now with eBay as it was refunded through our PayPal account but now eBay were trying to claim it needs to be paid directly to them! 5 calls now think it’s finally getting sorted.

So whilst I’m here hating on you Android users, it’s not blind fanboyism, I’ve had the phones, used them, tried to semi love one so I can see and fix issues on sites I work on with Android but they’ve gone, as did the S8 last year. No more. Vowed never to touch one of those things again. Will use a phone a friend lifeline to help me out on Android issues in future.

2AB0C9DE-B46E-4958-820E-2CC777EE253C.jpeg

1FB41914-B921-477C-B8BD-849B8C5B76F6.png

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Can’t believe you let an Android in your house.

Mind you, Is Hive an Android?

Nest you mean? It’s owned by Alphabet, the holding company of Google.

I’ve had a Google Home and Mini in the house, also Alexa.

A lot of hate for either side is born from ignorance, I can say mine is from usage. 

13 hours ago, David said:

Nest you mean? It’s owned by Alphabet, the holding company of Google.

I’ve had a Google Home and Mini in the house, also Alexa.

A lot of hate for either side is born from ignorance, I can say mine is from ignoring the evidence. 

Ftfy

Archived