Bladdy Game Grrrrrrr

Day

After buying Xbox games which were clearly not brand new from Amazon I thought I'd be safe with Game....obviously not.

Having a butchers at the website I saw Halo 3 for £17.99, I thought I'd give it a whirl so ordered it, just gone downstairs and its on me doormat, great. Open it up and it's a feckin pre-owned copy in the worst condition you have ever seen, the case broken, the plastic wrapping has huge chunks missing, it also has coffee stains and what looks like brown sauce stains all over. God knows what the disc is like, I haven't removed the Game pre-owned seal.

Went back to my Game account to make sure I ordered a brand new copy and I had, £17.99, checked me bank account £17.99 had been taken. Now on the site it's out of stock now on the site, with the pre-owned available at £9.99.

http://www.game.co.uk//Xbox360/Shooter/First-Person/~r326909/Halo-3/

'kin bar stewards :mad:.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive been burned on ebay and amazon, thats why i have a reluctance to internet shop, the amazon one was annoying i just wanted donkey kong for my n64, lost out on £15 cause he send a broken copy and he and amazon wouldnt help me out was feckingg annoying

I'd never buy games off eBay, bought GTA:IV from an Amazon seller (brand new), wasn't so sent it back, Amazon issued a refund within 24 hours. Now I'l only buy games now if it's from Amazon direct. This is the first time Game have done me, hey ho.

i'm a fan of argos atm lol i got some 3 items from them for my grandparents and my uncle and aunts wedding anniversary presents decided i didn't like them so i arranged for them to be picked up when they didn't turn up after waiting in all day for them to come pick them up gave them a call and they said they hadn't actually actioned the pick up even tho i was told they had. so they gave me a £10 argos voucher for my trouble and was told they would also refund my postage too (which they don't do if you return something) i said dont worry about pick up i'll take them back to my local store checked my bank balance and they have refunded all the money for the items including postage back to my card and i still haven't even took the stuff back result :D

Not if your my 'kin honest missus. She went had an Indian round her mums on Monday, she went to pick it up, it came to around £30 she paid with 2x £20 and got £20 change back in fivers and pound coins. She obviously noticed and when the guy came back through with the food she told him the stupid cow.

oh dear you'll have to have words lol happened a few months ago in morrisons too when they had 3 crates for £18 put one on the coveyor belt said i've got 2 others in trolley (i had other stuff aswell) and she only charged me for 1 crate so i got 3 crates of beer for £9 :D

oh dear you'll have to have words lol happened a few months ago in morrisons too when they had 3 crates for £18 put one on the coveyor belt said i've got 2 others in trolley (i had other stuff aswell) and she only charged me for 1 crate so i got 3 crates of beer for £9 :D

there is nothing finer than free beer!

i'm a fan of argos atm lol i got some 3 items from them for my grandparents and my uncle and aunts wedding anniversary presents decided i didn't like them so i arranged for them to be picked up when they didn't turn up after waiting in all day for them to come pick them up gave them a call and they said they hadn't actually actioned the pick up even tho i was told they had. so they gave me a £10 argos voucher for my trouble and was told they would also refund my postage too (which they don't do if you return something) i said dont worry about pick up i'll take them back to my local store checked my bank balance and they have refunded all the money for the items including postage back to my card and i still haven't even took the stuff back result :D

It's people like you, etc etc winge winge yadder yadder.

Did you give them to your Grandparents then you tight get?

Well I've got it sorted,

The missus went in and found a new copy of Halo and took it to the desk to exchange, she explained what had gone off, and they asked if she had looked at the disc inside, she said no because if the seal is broken we wouldn't of been able to return the game.

A hugh Bananas (apparently), the guy opened the case and showed her the disc and said it's brand new, the disc was in fact brand new, so was the manual.

She asked why the case was in such a state and the seal had been swapped, his reply was must of happened in the warehouse. She said she wasn't happy with the case and would like to swap the case for one that looked new, fast forward 10 minutes of moaning he agreed to swap the cases.

What tits.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived